Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6600 uk turf fie

Paul - GI4FZD
Paul - GI4FZD Member ✭✭
edited April 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
is ther a uk turf file available for my week old 6600?

Answers

• Paul Leach
    Paul Leach Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Hi Paul
    waiting for my 6400 (Uk Based in North Wales)

excuse my ignorance, what is a turf file?

Paul
    GW4AMZ
  • Paul - GI4FZD
    Paul - GI4FZD Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    It sets up the band edges and limitations for the UK. I can not tx on 60meters without it.
  • G0VLF
    G0VLF Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Hi Paul.

Send an Email request to FlexRadio in Europe with your radio serial number and they will send you the TURF file that will add 60m. Had to do this for my previous 3 FlexRadios, and very easy to install.

Ray de G0VLF 
  • Paul Leach
    Paul Leach Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Thanks Paul
    will look out for this when my rig arrives

paul
  • Steve - G8KNC
    Steve - G8KNC Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Should have been supplied with it already.  Had my 6300 for a while and no issues on 60M out of the box.  I'd go back to your supplier in the first instance.
  • Paul - GI4FZD
    Paul - GI4FZD Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I had one for my 6300 as well, as far as I remember I had to email the seller for that one as well.
    Thanks for all the replies, European distributor referred me to flex help desk request.
  • G0VLF
    G0VLF Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Hi Steve.

Does not normally come out the box with 60m as this was generally a limited country Ham band allocation and in the UK you had to request an NoV to work this frequency. However, some UK suppliers TURFd radios at point of sale. Others are done by request upon proof of Radio serial number and callsign. I suspect, the recent delivery of FlexRadios to the UK will have come with either USA band allocation or basic UK band allocation. I know my r6600M did not come with 60m and will require a TURF update.

Ray de G0VLF
  • Paul - GI4FZD
    Paul - GI4FZD Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Yes mine has USA profile.

• Steve - G8KNC
    Steve - G8KNC Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    OK - didn't realise.  Got mine from ML&S two and a half years ago and was already sorted.  Maybe depends on the supplier then.

• Paul - GI4FZD
    Paul - GI4FZD Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    That's where I got the 6600. So not really dependant on supplier. They just got them in so maybe didn't know when they shipped them out..not a biggy, I am sure it will be sorted. I am an early UK adopter.
  • Steve - G8KNC
    Steve - G8KNC Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    No excuse as far as I am concerned - I would be pushing them to sort it out.  They certainly should not have been selling you a radio which is set up for the US band-plan. 

• G0VLF
    G0VLF Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Hi Steve.

That is assuming it is a USA band plan radio. I should imagine most people will not examine all bands in minute detail. But 60m is limited to a few countries, therefore, being specific about a TURF file for a country will guarantee correct band plan allocation. 

Ray de G0VLF
  • Steve - G8KNC
    Steve - G8KNC Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Absolutely - if you bought a radio from a UK distributor you should expect to be able to rely upon that being a radio configured for the UK bandplan, unless it was specifically sold as not so configured.

It's not as though we are talking about a couple of hundred pounds here - it's a very expensive radio and I would be demanding proper aftersales service if it wasn't up to scratch.

• G8ZPX
    G8ZPX Member
    edited July 2018
    if the US version it will also allow you to TX out of band on 40 and 80m....not a good start
  • Frank DK7NC
    Frank DK7NC Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Hi Paul,

I opened a support request at https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/requests/new on Sunday and received my EU00 turf file in less than 24 hours. Loading it into the flex was a breeze. Make sure to fill out ALL request field esp. the Hardware Serial Number.
  • Paul - GI4FZD
    Paul - GI4FZD Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Got my new turf file in under 24 hrs, so now sorted. Thanks for all the replies.
  • G8ZPX
    G8ZPX Member
    edited July 2018
    Paul, legally you are right of course. Begs the question what is the TURF for in that case?  Either Flex does take responsibility for TX/band permissions in a local territory or then don't. Half measures don't work.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.