Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6600 Transverter problems

Options
LA9AKA
LA9AKA Member
edited January 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I have some issues using my HA1YA ME4T (70Mhz) transverter on my 6600. I have been using the transverter on my IC-7800 (using common IF) earlier. Now when I connect the common IF connector on the transverter to my 6600 (XVTR-A) input, select the transverter in the band menu, I just see a bunch of S9+60 signals all over the band. And I discovered that it does not matter what numbers I put into the Flex XVTR menu, so something is obviously wrong here. 

I select the XVTA antenna of course, is there something I am forgetting here? 

73 de Hans Christian LA9AKA 

Answers

• SteveM
    SteveM Member
    edited January 2020
    Options

From the hardware manual:

"For a common IF configuration, the Common IF port of the transverter should be connected
    to the XVTR port on your FLEX-6000. This will be the only RF connection between the
    transverter and the radio. "
  • LA9AKA
    LA9AKA Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Steve, this is exactly what I have done. It’s connected to the XVTRA connector.
  • SteveM
    SteveM Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Ahh. It looks like documentation in the hardware manual was copied from the old 6700 manual. I had to look at the rear panel to see the 6600 has a pair of XVTR ports (A & B). I thought you meant to say that you were connecting to the RX-A input. Sorry for the confusion.

Could you post an image of the pan from 28MHz?

What happens in the pan if you remove the connection to XVTR-A?

Also, could you add a different signal source (antenna or a signal generator) to the XVTR-A port and verify proper receive?

FYI: I don't think any of the settings in the XVTR-form affect the receive functionality of the XVTR-A port. The "Max Power" affects the transmit gain, but the others only affect how the receive signal is presented in the pan (i.e., scale factors).
  • LA9AKA
    LA9AKA Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Steve, first of all, thank you so much for trying to help me out! I have done some more research, tried to connect my RF generator to the XVTA input, and the RX is just fine with no spurious signals what so ever. The problem appears when I turn on my transverter. What I then noticed is that the spurious signals changed in frequency when I I switched antennas. This tells me there could be some kind of oscillation going on in the transverter. I contacted the manufacturer and he agreed about the oscillation suspicions. He gave me some clues on what could cause the problem, so I’m going to have a closer look at it later on. 73 Hans Christian LA9AKA
  • SteveM
    SteveM Member
    edited January 2020
    Options

Well, it's good that the issue lies with the transverter. It will be a lot easier for you to fix (or replace if you must). Good luck, Hans!
  • LA9AKA
    LA9AKA Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Got a good deal on a new transverter (ME4T-PRO3), going to fix the old one later on and sell it. Thank you and 73!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.