6600 (non M) N1MM and WSJT-X Communication Issues

• Question
  • Updated 5 months ago
I have a newly installed Flex 6600 (non m model). 

I have it working with DXLab's for frequency control as well as well as RTTY via WinWarbler.
I cannot get the 6600 to talk with WSJT-X or N1MM. I've searched the post's here and none of the ideas work. 

Anyone else having communication issues with the above software products?
I've searched the community and have tried a bunch of ideas from using the WSJT-X link W2OX has provided to using the TS-2000 setup.  No luck.
Thanks
Rich - N5ZC
Photo of Rich - N5ZC

Rich - N5ZC

• 177 Posts
  • 23 Reply Likes

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Cal Spreitzer

Cal Spreitzer

• 347 Posts
  • 63 Reply Likes
Hi Rich,   I'm running WSJT-X / JTAlert and HRD logbook with my 6600 (non M).  Rig selection in WSJT-X that works for me is TS-480 .   Maybe give that a try. 

Cal/N3CAL
Photo of Steven Linley

Steven Linley

• 241 Posts
  • 27 Reply Likes
I was also using DXLab for rig control. Now I pass along freq, mode info for logging. I watched Mike Walker's YouTube and set up freq and audio for WSJT-X. I plan to use same method (SmartCAT, DAX) to ise N1MM+
I will attach the link.
Photo of Steven Linley

Steven Linley

• 241 Posts
  • 27 Reply Likes

link to his SmartSDR WSJT-X Setup (note: my first P or PTT port is COM 6)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3D96B_Bdgw

Link to Al K0CN YouTube N1MM+ (Setup) Com Port Configuration

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJqAUZpEIgY&t=184s

Photo of Roger J. Buffington

Roger J. Buffington

• 148 Posts
  • 27 Reply Likes
Selecting Flex 6XXX worked fine for me for my 6400M.  Remember that for the network, many of us have to put "localhost 5XXX", not just the number 5XXX.  Other than putting "localhost:" in front of the number I did exactly what Mike said to do in his YouTube video and it worked like a charm.
(Edited)
Photo of Johan / SE3X

Johan / SE3X

• 86 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
Using N1MM and Voice Keyer w. my 6700 and latest SSDR release. Can't see it would be any different from your 6400. Did set up separate com ports in CAT software for N1MM as well as ptt port. works a treat, no issues at all. Did same with HRD 6.x, separate com ports and I can run both logger side by side without issues.

And Yes i selected Flex 6xxx series radio in both loggers.

Have you tried setting up exclusive com ports in CAT for each of the software you want to connect to?
(Edited)
Photo of Roger J. Buffington

Roger J. Buffington

• 148 Posts
  • 27 Reply Likes
I have not set up separate com ports as between WSJT-X and HRD/DM780.  Both use Com 5 for rig control and Com 6 for PTT.  One of these days I may migrate HRD to a new Com 7 and Com 8 so that I could run both programs at the same time; but haven't gotten around to it.  I do not use N1MM so can't help you with that.
Photo of bahillen

bahillen

• 58 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Check out Slice-Master 6000. It sets up all of its own interfaces. HRD, wsjt-x, RTTY N1MM, CE Skimmer, etc. it i uses the Flex API. Does a lot of neat things like its own audio console with mute, audio and Fr gain slider control. It sets up automatically when it is running. It launches all the apps you want depending on the mode on the slice.

Bill
W9JJB
Photo of Rich - N5ZC

Rich - N5ZC

• 177 Posts
  • 23 Reply Likes
OK guys, I had a deeper problem here.
I went into the FlexVSP directory and right clicked on FlexVSPinstaller_64.  I then selected repair and let it run.
After a restart of the computer, WSJT-X 1.9 and N1MM now work properly.
Thanks for all the suggestions.
Rich - N5ZC