Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6600 Mic and Headset questions to add to my Invoice

Options
YV5WZ
YV5WZ Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Hello

I've received my 6600 invoice, and some options I could add....so I have been wonder

Microphone cable: Have a Heil Sound PR40 and XLR 3 to 8 pin foster cable, I guess Part Number ACC-8P-TRS 8 pin foster to 1/8" ( 3.5 mm) ....I don't know where I read mic jack had been changed to 1/4 " on 6400 & 6600..... so I guess this is my choice... am I right?

Head-set cable: What is the part to use my Heil Sound Pro 7 ?,  I guess same above, although ACC-8P-TRS cable is too short (only 8 inches) to be use with Heil Sound Pro 7 Cable.......am I right?

ATU its a must with a vertical antenna....

GPSDO: I feel dummie about this item....

MARS:  I was going to request it.....but now ..with moving plans to Equator.....guess I wont need it

Last One: what's 6300 market value now?...I haven't found any reference ...don't have room for it in my shack

As always, thanks for your answers

George, YV5WZ / PY3ZZZ

Answers

• Steve (N9SKM)
    Steve (N9SKM) Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    On the website it shows that the tuner is standard on the 6600 is that not the case? Also it may be worth inquiring about a trade up on the 6300 as they are usually very fair with the offer. You could check QTH for 6300 listings to base private party value on.

GPSDO is a GPS disciplined oscillator, Its just more accurate than the on board unit (Which can calibrate itself to WWV). It is probably not needed unless you are into the high UHF transverter kind of stuff.
  • YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Options
    On the website it shows that the tuner is standard on the 6600 is that not the case?
    Is it? .....I was thinking it was...but I've received it as an option on the e-mail....I'm not sure now...

Steve, I'm at Venezuela,  guess in all country there are two Flex 3000 (YV5FRD, YV5SF), One 6700 (YV5AM) and mine 6300....not much to look around :)

Thanks Steve for advise, I appreciate it.....I will write to Katie to check it

George

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Options
    ATU is standard on 6600. If it is listed as 0.00 then you are good. Double check though. 

What Steve meant was to check for sale sites like qth.com, QRZ or eHam where you can see pricing to determine if a trade is worth your while. 
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Microphone cable: Have a Heil Sound PR40 and XLR 3 to 8 pin foster cable, I guess Part Number ACC-8P-TRS 8 pin foster to 1/8" ( 3.5 mm) ....I don't know where I read mic jack had
    been changed to 1/4 " on 6400 & 6600..... so I guess this is my choice... am I right?
    The PR40 I believe is 3 pin XLR. The 6600 has 1/4" balanced. The 6400 has 1/8" pseudo balanced only.

This is the cable:

http://cart.flexradio.com/Balanced-Line-in-Audio-cable-for-FLEX-5000-Flex-6000_p_20.html

Head-set cable: What is the part to use my Heil Sound Pro 7 ?,  I guess same above, although ACC-8P-TRS cable is too short (only 8 inches) to be use with Heil Sound Pro 7 Cable.......am I right?
    That should work, to connect the 8 pin foster to 1/8" pseudo balanced. It might be a bit short. Why don't you ask Heil if they have plans for a cable for the Flex-6400 and 6600? They might have it in the works. I know Dave WO2X has been working with  Julius W2IHY to get his products working with the new rigs. 
    ATU its a must with a vertical antenna....
    Not needed, built in.
    GPSDO: I feel dummie about this item....
    You don't need it unless you run transverters and/or just like super accurate frequency and want to spend the extra money. For regular HF operation you are fine. Just calibrate with WWV using the built in calibration function. It can be added later anyway.
    MARS:  I was going to request it.....but now ..with moving plans to Equator.....guess I wont need it
    Can always be added later. The radio is modular. MARS is only needed if you operate MARS in the USA anyway, and you need to be a US citizen of legal permanent resident (not sure if you are or not) and resident in the USA. If you end up moving here, you can get it as an option I think. 
    Last One: what's 6300 market value now?...I haven't found any reference ...don't have room for it in my shack
    Flex has it listed for $1700 on the website. That's with 2.0 software. If you don't want to deal with selling it yourself, you can call Matt or Mike and ask about trade, as mentioned.

• YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Thank you Ria!!

I did not find any 6300 on sale at QRZ.com nor eHam....:(
    I guess Trade in is not an option for me....cause I will pay it as soon a Katie get back to me

Cheers!!

George, YV5WZ / PY3ZZZ

• KC9EI - Dave
    KC9EI - Dave Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Ria,
    I see by the manual that "only" the 6600M has the balanced 1/4" XLR input.
    perhaps that has changed?

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Options
  • YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Ria Thanks

I took a look on flex web site 6300 for $ 1700 with New software 2.0,  but  ATU neither mic.
    Mine is with ATU and unused mic (just tested for 3 days)

so I guess 1500-1600 would be good deal

:)

Thanks Ria

George

• KC9EI - Dave
    KC9EI - Dave Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Super!

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited January 2018
    Options
    The ATU is standard on the 6600.  Optional on the 6400
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Please note that to purchase the Extended transmit filters, you must have a valid MARS or Shares license.  And you will still need a MARS TURF file too (no charge).
  • YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Thanks Tim.....Katie answered back to me...and Pay has been done......now the sweet waiting
    Cheers my friend

George, YV5WZ / PY3ZZZ
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I'd like to stress that if you have questions about your pending order, please contact Sales to discuss the issues.  They are the ones who can provide definitive and authoritative answers to your order specific questions.  If you can't reach us by phone (we are really busy right now) send an e-mail to sales and we'll answer your questions expeditiously. 
  • YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Sir Yes Sir!!!  :)   I opened a **** celebration bottle......

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.