Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6600(m) cw mode memory buffer

Rej va2am
Rej va2am Member
edited April 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
6600(M) stand alone, can we store short cw messages like Call 599 report for dx?
or do we need to install a third party software?
Thank you 

Answers

• Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    There is a CW memory function key that you can program (F1-F6). So I would assume you could program 6 memories if you used all the Function keys.
  • Reggie-k6xr
    Reggie-k6xr Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    F1-F6 store functions like Vox on or off etc etc. I cannot find any cwx or cw memories. I use FRStack which does provide that for the 6400M. I suppose it is the same for the 6600M? Unless I am missing it!
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    "SEND CW" Third from bottom on mine.
  • Reggie-k6xr
    Reggie-k6xr Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    F1-F6 store functions like Vox on or off etc etc. I cannot find any cwx or cw memories. I use FRStack which does provide that for the 6400M. I suppose it is the same for the 6600M? Unless I am missing it!
  • Reggie-k6xr
    Reggie-k6xr Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Rich-- third of bottom where? I have the 6400M and cannot find a place to store cw memories?
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
  • Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I take it CWX doesn't work when the rig is run with the Maestro.  If it's needed, maybe you can run the rig from a PC SmartSDR when you need CW buffers.  
  • Reggie-k6xr
    Reggie-k6xr Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Ill have to see how that works! I have other things programmed there at the moment. Never thought of CW!!  thanks
  • Reggie-k6xr
    Reggie-k6xr Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    figured it out! works...

• Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    It does not. If Flex ever implements mulit-client where you can use knobs and SSDR at the same time then it should but currently its either or.

Rich
  • Geoff_W8GNM
    Geoff_W8GNM Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Is there a way to halt the CW memory transmission before it completes?
  • Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I assume you're talking about CWX.  If so, hit the ESC key.  Stops it immediately.
    (Edit) - oops, looks like we're talking Maestro - missed that.
  • Geoff_W8GNM
    Geoff_W8GNM Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Hi Duane,  Thanks for the reply.  I am using the front panel function keys to send CW macros from the front panel of a 6600M.  I am wondering if there is a way to terminate a transmission part way through the message from the front panel.  Thanks, Geoff
  • Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Yep - sorry Geoff - I missed the context when I posted.  Since I don't use a Maestro or an "M", I'm only familiar with CWX.  Someone here will have an answer for you, I'm sure!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.