Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6600 Focus Helper and N1MM

Ken
Ken Member ✭✭
This is an existing conversation but thought I would post to possibly make it more visible :).  Can anyone help me figure out how I can make Focus Helper actually work and automatically get me back in an N1MM+ window when I click out and do something within  the 6600 slices or panadapter(s) please?  This weekend I was visiting the Flex booth at Huntsville and Lou, N2TU thought I might be able to change the port settings to correct.  My current UDP port setting within SDR Focus helper is 12060.  I'm showing my ignorance here and I am not sure if or what I may need to change within the N1MM Config to "sync" with the SDT Focus Helper port to get the two to communicate.  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!  Tnx 73 ... Ken, N5EE

Comments

• Dallas k1dw
    Dallas k1dw Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Ken,
    Email me and I can walk you through what is needed.
    De  Dallas k1DW  k1dw at aol dot com
  • Andy - KU7T
    Andy - KU7T Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    One you figured it out, can you please share the settings with the group? 

Thanks
    Andy
    KU7T
  • Dallas k1dw
    Dallas k1dw Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    In SSDR, the UDT port under FOCUS HELPER must match the Radio and /or Spots UDT port in N1MM+ Config/Broadcast .  In my case 5555 for a Flex 6600.  Let me know if this works for you.  
  • Ken
    Ken Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Dallas ... Thank you VERY much for the info.  When I went in to my settings for Broadcast Data in N1MM config, I noticed that none of my boxes were checked.  I checked all the boxes and made sure the last digits of the IP address for the Radio and Spots boxes matched my UDP Port selection in Focus Helper (12060 in my case).  Once I closed and relaunched N1MM, it is now putting the focus back on N1MM unless I have separated the P/CW, TX, RX panels from the panadapter windows and I click within those panels.  In that case, the focus never switches back to N1MM.  However, anything I do within any panadapter will switch focus back to N1MM even when I have multiple panadapters launched and they have their own separate window.  Also, if I keep the panels together as one window with the panadapter window, the focus goes back to N1MM as desired. 

So, the net net is thank you for the solution but am now curious if I can make the focus go back to N1MM when I click within a panel that has been separated from the panadapter window.  THANK YOU!

Ken, N5EE  
  • Dallas k1dw
    Dallas k1dw Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018

Ken,

Somewhat the same happens here.  Not sure if it is a N1MM+ or a SSDR problem.  Clicking in the panadapter area works as designed.  However when some parts of the P/CW, TX, RX panels are entered then the “Go back to N1MM+” does not occur. The problem is probably in SSDR .    Maybe a HELP ticket to FLEX will get an answer.  Let me know any resolutions.

73 de Dallas k1DW
  • Joel N9LQ
    Joel N9LQ Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Resurrecting an old thread....   I am having a similar problem with my 6600, N1MM+, and focus helper.  I have tried the steps above and I still can't get the focus to return to N1MM after I click on most controls in the SmartSDR application.  The focus returns if I just drag the slice to a different frequency, but if I double click on the panadapter to change the frequency, the focus stays with SSDR.  If I use the mouse to adjust volume, power, cw speed, etc., the focus does not switch back to N1MM.  I am running SSDR 2.4.9, and N1MM+  1.0.7610.0. 

Any suggestions on changes to the above settings would be most welcome.
    73, Joel N9LQ

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.