6600 Fan - Disappointed

• Problem
  • Updated 4 months ago
  • Solved
Ok, so I sent my 6600 in for the PEN update.

When it came back it rebooted continuously.  After looking inside I could hear the fan running rough and I put that in the HelpDesk notes.

Tim wonderfully granted me a priority return.  I returned it the same day.

Upon arrival yesterday (Monday) the 6600 was setup and run overnight and they could not reproduce the fan issue.

It appears it has already been transferred back to shipping with NOTHING being done since they cannot reproduce the issue.

I suggested they replace the fan.  Obviously, it had an issue here.  Yet it looks like they will ship my $3000 + radio back with the same fan simply because it could be duplicated.

This is quite disappointing personally as I figure the fan is like a $5 part.  They already spent $30 or more on shipping plus I've spent some as well and been out of the use of the radio for close to a week.

I am disappointed.  If the radio arrives and the fan fails I will replace it myself as I will have lost faith in the Flex repair and their actions in cases like this.

I am sorry.  I am venting but it just seems wrong.

I have been a devoted flex user but I am now beginning to doubt my 6600 choice.  I will have to see how it goes when it comes back.

Mark
Photo of Mark WS7M

Mark WS7M

• 429 Posts
  • 120 Reply Likes

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Gerald - K5SDR

Gerald - K5SDR, Employee

• 814 Posts
  • 1465 Reply Likes
Official Response
Mark (WS7M),

I see that you posted this complaint to the Community last night at 22:00 CDT our time.  Below is John's response to your ticket today.  If anyone has a request, concern, or complaint, we would appreciate the courtesy of communicating back through the help desk system so that we have the opportunity to thoughtfully consider and respond.  We are normally able to respond within one business day and will make every effort within reason to address your issues.

Respectfully,
Gerald, K5SDR

John PattersonToday ‪01:40 pm‬(assign)
Hello Mark,
My apologies for the delayed response. Once I submit the RMA ticket to shipping I no longer have viewing access to it. Shipping shared with me your request and I just now saw your response. Normally it is not our protocol to replace non-failing parts but I will be happy to make the exception for your piece of mind. I'll pull your radio back into service and install a new fan and we'll do one last test and get it shipped out today. 
Thanks for being a valued Flex customer. 
Regards,
John
John Patterson
Service Center