6600 Boot

• Problem
  • Updated 5 months ago
Received new 6600, will not boot.  Flashes green for many minutes.  Have tried to initialize by holding on/off key until it goes white, finally flashes series of 3 flashes (which means will not boot, if I didnt already know this!).  Any thoughts, have opened Help Ticket.  
Photo of Jim K4JAF

Jim K4JAF

• 341 Posts
  • 91 Reply Likes

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Bill -VA3WTB

Bill -VA3WTB

• 3002 Posts
  • 660 Reply Likes
Lets see, you can not do a factory reset?
What color is it flashing 3 times?
(Edited)
Photo of Jim K4JAF

Jim K4JAF

• 341 Posts
  • 91 Reply Likes
No, normal factory reset doesnt work.  I believe the color flashing was red but willl try it again in the morning.  73s Jim 
Photo of Wayne

Wayne

• 614 Posts
  • 84 Reply Likes
Just a thought but it sounds to me like it left the factory without the software installed no versions available. I think when the radio light is flashing green for so long it may be trying to connect on the internet to see what versions are available.

Just a thought you may try to connect the internet to it via ethernet then power it on and see what it does, other than that you need a help desk ticket probably followed by an rma.

The only thing you didnt say was if its a 6600 or 6600M. If its only a 6600 the reason it may not be coming up maybe the version of ssdr 4 win that you have installed may not be the same version as on the rig which it must be to connect.

In any case thehelp desk will get it resolved for you.
(Edited)
Photo of WQ2H - Jim Poulette

WQ2H - Jim Poulette

• 122 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
This may be rudimentary, but I would make sure it's connected to the router directly and not connected through a computer. When I got mine a few weeks ago, I took Tim's advice and took it straight to the router and loaded everything up. After it was done - I brought it back to the shack and connected it directly to the computer. That worked perfectly. (My Ethernet hard wire LAN is still a work in progress) Good luck!
73 Jim, WQ2H
(Edited)
Photo of Jim K4JAF

Jim K4JAF

• 341 Posts
  • 91 Reply Likes
The Flex is the plain 6600 not the M model.  It is connected directly to router.  I unhooked my old 6300 which was working fine and hooked the 6600 to same power supply and ethernet cable to the router so should be ok interconnect wise.  Looks like a DOA at this point.  73s Jim
Photo of N8SDR

N8SDR

• 120 Posts
  • 22 Reply Likes
Hope they get it figured out for you Jim,

At least the DX hasn't been all that great lately, and you still have the 6300 if it does  pick back up. Haven't heard you down with the  guys on .17 in a long while.
Photo of Greg - N8GD

Greg - N8GD

• 219 Posts
  • 83 Reply Likes
Do the newer models have an SD flash card in them like the 6300/6500/6700 models?  If so, the card may have become dislodged from its slot and is preventing proper boot (due to a lack of internal software being available on the SD card).
Photo of Alan W4FBI

Alan W4FBI

• 238 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes
SD Flash card? I've has two 6300's - I don't recall any such device in/on the machine.
Photo of Bill -VA3WTB

Bill -VA3WTB

• 3002 Posts
  • 660 Reply Likes
The 6500 has an SD flash card on the board.
Photo of Alan W4FBI

Alan W4FBI

• 238 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes
I'm referring to a 6300
Photo of Jim K4JAF

Jim K4JAF

• 341 Posts
  • 91 Reply Likes
Kudos to Flex Radio as I have a replacement 6600 sent to my qth.  Another example of their fast, excellent customer support.