Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6600 arrived at ON7NQ

ON7NQ - Danny
ON7NQ - Danny Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
So last Friday the 6600 arrived from my dealer.
Unpacking and installing went smooth , no issues at all.
The 6600 weighs a lot less compared to the FT5000 and smaller too...
Still need to learn the details but I got the basic stuff going pretty quick.
There's enough interesting stories to read on the flexradio community and fiddle around with different settings.
I have not yet been able to test the 6600 in a contest , missed the IARU test..
Only 1 issue I can't seem to resolve but it's not Flex related.
I have SmartSDR installed on 2 different PC's , on 1 PC JTDX works but on the other one I'm getting : an error opening the audio input device occured.
Settings on both JTDX progs are exactly the same as in SmartSDR...I'm guessing it's a W10 thing but haven't been able to find it......yet ;)

73 - Danny ON7NQ

Comments

• Mike NN9DD
    Mike NN9DD Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Sounds like you need to reinstall Dax Drivers on the failed PC. There is a link posted last week about reinstalling Dax drivers. I will post again here when I stop driving Mike NN9DD
  • Tore Andersson
    edited April 2020
    I used this guide
    https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/most-common-fix-for-dax-driver-errors-in-windows-spring-update-1803-you-can-do-this

when I had this problem on one of my PC:s - after some figuring out what names to rename and to what I got it working.

• ON7NQ - Danny
    ON7NQ - Danny Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Well I finally solved the issue !First un-installed SmartSDR using Revo uninstaller and updated the mobo audio driver , re-installed SmartSDR , checked for ghost audio devices...so far all ok BUT still no go.Finally discovered I had to change the privacy settings of the PC microphone and allow apps to use the mic...THAT did the trick !Thank you Mickey Soft for making this so complicated ....ugh.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.