Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6500 via shared connection from my desktop?

Ken - NM9P
Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
This may be more a Windows question than a flex question. But it is probably both. I have my 6500 direct wired to my Lenovo desktop. The Lenovo has a WiFi dongle and is connected to my router via WiFi. How can I get it to connect to my laptop in the Living Room which is also on WiFi? Can I "bridge" my two network connections in the desktop somehow so that the 6500 becomes available to the laptop in the living room?

Answers

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    You can use a remote application, like LogMeIn or TeamViewer to sit in the comfort of your easy chair and run the rig through the desktop. Unfortunately, there's no audio transfer yet. I use LogMeIn for digital modes I don't need to listen to remotely. Works great. In your situation, you might want to think about getting your 6500 on the LAN at some point. Somewhere down the roadmap, DAX will allow audio over the network, CWX will come along for code, and then you'll be sitting pretty!
  • W0QKL
    W0QKL Member
    edited November 2013
    Ken for the audio I use a small FM transmitter used to plug into a TV or audio system to a pair of headphones for the audio so I can listen to the radio when in the living room and use my iPad to control the Flex6500
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I already have the audio connection figured out temporarily. I am not sure I want to plug the 6500 into the LAN due to lightning transients possible over the CAT5. And I don't have enough spare $$$ to go with fiber optic.
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I have used Google Chrome Remote Desktop and has worked for me with previous Flex radios using digital modes.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.