Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6500 locking up in transmit/PSL error message

Options
Rick Hadley - W0FG
Rick Hadley - W0FG Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Three times this morning, immediately after starting the 6500 & SmartSDR the radio locked itself in transmit at the first touch of the CW key, necessitating powering off the radio, once requiring me to pull the DC power. At one point, the message appeared; "Shutting down. Error PSL13V8A-05,26. After waiting 5 minutes for it to actually shut down with no results I killed the power supply to force a shutdown. Coming back an hour later I rebooted everything and as I write this everything seems to be OK. What is the likely cause of the problem and/or what is the error message telling me?

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Options
    The error message is telling you that the radio is expecting 13.8 VDC and it is only seeing 5.26 VDC. Check your power supply.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Tim...Is there a published list of these error codes so we can check them ourselves? That would be interesting.....(My guess is that many of them would be meaningless to most of us, but interesting nonetheless.)
  • Rick Hadley - W0FG
    Rick Hadley - W0FG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I suspected it was something like that. I've switched power supplies now so we'll see if that cures it. The one it was on is an Astron that's been running continuously for about 30 years so it's probably time for a switch anyway!
  • Ed_NZ1Q
    Ed_NZ1Q Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Interesting, I ran into this same problem (low power supply error) this morning. thought I would add my findings. It was the first time powering up right after reconfiguring and rewiring my entire shack (radios, coax, Ethernet, audio cables and power supply cables, which runs to 3 different radios. I read this posting yesterday, so was prepared for what I saw this morning. However, In my case, the PS worked perfectly the day before (old layout) and the 6500 played well early AM at 100 w on several different bands. The problem did not show it self until I powered up the AMP on 40m. Even with 10w drive on 40m from the 6500, the error showed up. Since it did not show up on other bands like 20m, I'm going to better isolate the different cabling and check all coax connectors to make sure I did not leave one loose.
  • Ed_NZ1Q
    Ed_NZ1Q Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Found the RF feedback - problem now gone.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Options
    This post has been converted to a HelpDesk ticket. If you experience a similar problem, please submit a HelpDesk support ticket.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.