Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6500 vs 6700 /

elan
elan Member
edited April 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
hi to all 
i have some question i know very well the different from the 6700 vs the 6500 
however is the receiver on the 6500 is identical as the 6700 not taking about the slice i am am after performance 
on  ? 2nd is flex have a plan to replace the flex 1500 i hope is not top secret i had a plan to buy the6700  but the price vs software may be over **** , the hard were are all the flex are the best of the best for sure any comment will be great it think **** well it will be great to know all this fact  . thank you vy 73 elan g0uut/4z4un /dl9fcc p.s  i hope it okay to ask this question .

Answers

• Robert -- N5IKD
    Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    The biggest difference between the 6500 and 6700 for me is that the 6700 has 2 SCUs, thus two antennas and true diversity reception.
  • Paul Bradbeer
    Paul Bradbeer Member
    edited June 2016
    Elan, I faced a similar decision...there is a big price differential between the two. In the end I decided that I didn't need 8 panadaptors (just as well, my Maestro only des 2..), didn't need diversity, and could live without a 2m panadaptor at the same time as hf. I went for 6500, glad I did. Paul M0CVX
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Elan,
      Performance wise, I believe the only difference between the SCU in the 6500 and a SCU in the 6700 is that ultimately there is a bit more Panadapter/waterfall resolution at maximum zoom in the 6700 vs the 6500.  The performance of a RX slice would be the same..
    AL, K0VM
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    For a complete comparison of our three models go to the web page on our site for any one of the models. Scroll down until you see the Features. Click on the Compare tab to the right of the Features tab.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.