Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6500 timeout after calibrating using 1.19.3 SmartSDR

Bill Ham
Bill Ham Member ✭✭
Timeout occurs after calibrating on startup.  Reverting to factory settings did not help.  Removing power plug and waiting 30 seconds did not help. Worked fine a few weeks ago when last used.  Any suggestions?

Comments

• Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Bill, Why not upgrade to v 1.10? I just did a calibration on my 6500 yesterday and it worked perfectly. You can always downgrade if you don't like 1.10. Mack W4AX Alpha Tester
  • Bill Ham
    Bill Ham Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Hi Mack: Tnx for your reply.  I downloaded and ran 1.10.8.39 Beta and still timeout.  Any other suggestions? The timeout is occurring after the power on calibration sequence.  The SmartSDR software doesn't have a chance to get started.
  • Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Bill, I'd suggest opening a help desk ticket. I've tested the Flex 6300, 6500 and 6700 since day one when code had to be loaded manually and I've never encountered this issue. Sorry I can't offer another suggestion. One final thought. Do you have a reasonably strong WWV signal? Mack
  • Bill Ham
    Bill Ham Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Yes I have WWV access via my K3, but nothing runs on Flex 6500 because it never gets beyond startup calibration/timeout.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited October 2017
    I have converted this topic to a support HelpDesk ticket (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) for expedited issue resolution.  Please respond using the HelpDesk ticket for issue resolution.

If anyone else is experiencing an issue similar to this one, please submit a HelpDesk support ticket for issue resolution.

• Lee - N5LN
    Lee - N5LN Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Bill, My 6500 did that most of last year.  The help desk just said it was my computer / router giving issues.  It was not.  Finally, I sent it back and they replaced a specialized timing circuit of some sort.  I don't remember exactly what it was.   Nothing else helped and it cost me months of operating time.  This is a factory issue.  N5LN - Oscar
  • Victor Gavron
    Victor Gavron Member
    edited October 2017
    I have just experienced this problem today, and submitted a helpdesk ticket.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.