Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6500 Shut down now wont start "CPU Fan Error"

Options
Joel Rubincam
Joel Rubincam Member ✭✭
edited April 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I got this error in the middle of the IARU contest yesterday.  1st one using the flex.  and now it wont start.  "Shutting Down... Error CPU Fan Speed" . Its only 1 month old purchased new.  
Joel,
NF3R

Comments

• Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Open a support ticket online. Flex typically has quick turn around if it must go back to the mother ship. Mack W4AX Alpha Team
  • Kevin N9JKP
    Kevin N9JKP Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Just out of curiosity, does this error indicate any fan failure, e.g. the case fans or only those in the rf cage?
  • Cal  N3CAL
    Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Joel you will have to open a support ticket for the CPU fan error.   I had this same issue on my 6500 as well as others that have reported it here on the forum.  Your rig will have to go back to Flex but they should handle everything for you.  They have excellent customer service. 

Based on the number of folks who have had this issue I hope Flex can make some improvements on the 6400/6600 fans!  

Cal/ N3CAL
  • Matt (K0KB)
    Matt (K0KB) Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Very good customer support at flex. My 6700 had a fan error and they flipped it super fast. On mine I could reboot it a few times and get it running, so that might be worth a try if there's something in particular you want to work. I realize its too late to be competitive in the contest, but it's a thought anyhow.
  • Joel Rubincam
    Joel Rubincam Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    thanks Matt,   it did start backup after trying a few times
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited July 2017
    Options
    This issue is being handled expeditiously via a HelpDesk support ticket.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.