6500 No Transmit

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
6500 running 1.4.11
Went away after about two hours of DX this morning.  When I came back the rig would not transmit.  No MOX, no Vox, no SSB, no CW - nothing.
Played with everything I could think of (unplugged mic, PTT, tx), changed profiles, reset PC and smart SDR all  with no joy.  
At one point i changed mic profiles and IT STARTED WORKING, went to the old profile and it still worked.
I went back to working SSB for a few minutes and it stopped again and that's where it is now.
Receive is perfect.
Photo of Gene - K3GC

Gene - K3GC

• 228 Posts
  • 38 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Gene - K3GC

Gene - K3GC

• 228 Posts
  • 38 Reply Likes
Addendum - if I change eq profiles the tune mox and atu buttons momentarily illuminate and then go dark again,
Photo of WX7Y

WX7Y

• 571 Posts
  • 104 Reply Likes
did you try a reset on the radio?
Turn radio off, hold the OK button down push and hold the power button for a few seconds and release both buttons, the radio should reset to factory settings,  Make sure the radio works correctly and then you can reload your last KNOWN GOOD "Global" profile, if you don't save your Global profiles or are unsure then you'll have to restore your settings back to the way you like manualy. 
Photo of Gene - K3GC

Gene - K3GC

• 228 Posts
  • 38 Reply Likes
I did - no joy.
I finally uninstalled and reinstalled smart SDR - that worked so far but I have no idea why.