Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6500 lockup and phantom ptt.

Andrew VK5CV
Andrew VK5CV Member ✭✭
edited February 2017 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series

Flex 6500, SSDR 1.3.8.126.

I have been running the system for 8 days straight monitoring multiple slices in WSPR and OPERA on MF.

1. PTT and transmit is occasionally activated for about a second or so with no modulation, seemingly at random. Digital PTT is disabled in their settings.

2 After 8 days I found that SSDR had lost connection and the 6500 was locked up, with a buzzing in the speakers. I had to hold the switch for 10s to force a shutdown and reboot.

I have only had this once with a long uptime so it mayt be hard to reproduce. 

Not a big problem for a home station but maybe for remote installations in the future.

Andrew

Comments

• Stan VA7NF
    Stan VA7NF Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017

I have had brief TX operations, but only after I put a Serial port to keying transistor to the AUX keying line.  Racked it up to com port bounce.  Still the only direct connection between the computer and 6000 but required for N1MM+ CW to key.

73, Stan

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Now you understand why I have connected my 6700 and the 6700 Computer each to a WEMO remote power switch... very easy to reboot when I am operating remote like I have done much of the time for the past few years.
  • Andrew VK5CV
    Andrew VK5CV Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Stan,
    No direct connection but for ethernet cable. PTT via virtual COM port as per SSDRCAT.
    Andrew

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.