6500 lockup and phantom ptt.

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago

Flex 6500, SSDR 1.3.8.126.

I have been running the system for 8 days straight monitoring multiple slices in WSPR and OPERA on MF.

1. PTT and transmit is occasionally activated for about a second or so with no modulation, seemingly at random. Digital PTT is disabled in their settings.

2 After 8 days I found that SSDR had lost connection and the 6500 was locked up, with a buzzing in the speakers. I had to hold the switch for 10s to force a shutdown and reboot.

I have only had this once with a long uptime so it mayt be hard to reproduce. 

Not a big problem for a home station but maybe for remote installations in the future.

Andrew

Photo of Andrew Russell

Andrew Russell

• 253 Posts
  • 33 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Stan - VA7NF

Stan - VA7NF

• 401 Posts
  • 85 Reply Likes

I have had brief TX operations, but only after I put a Serial port to keying transistor to the AUX keying line.  Racked it up to com port bounce.  Still the only direct connection between the computer and 6000 but required for N1MM+ CW to key.

73, Stan

Photo of Andrew Russell

Andrew Russell

• 253 Posts
  • 33 Reply Likes
Stan,
No direct connection but for ethernet cable. PTT via virtual COM port as per SSDRCAT.
Andrew
Photo of KY6LA - Howard

KY6LA - Howard, Elmer

• 3467 Posts
  • 1328 Reply Likes
Now you understand why I have connected my 6700 and the 6700 Computer each to a WEMO remote power switch... very easy to reboot when I am operating remote like I have done much of the time for the past few years.