6500 Coming Home!

• Praise
  • Updated 3 years ago
Ahh, my 6500 is on its way back from repair in Austin. Should be like new when it returns home in a couple of days. Many thanks to the gang in the shop, especially Greta, who took special care of my rig while it was there.

Spent a frustrating morning trying to work 9M0O. Really could have used the panadapter to discern their listening pattern. Signals were fine, it just seems I never transmitted where they were listening. Can't wait for the Flex "secret weapon" to get back on line.
Photo of George Molnar, KF2T

George Molnar, KF2T, Elmer

• 1652 Posts
  • 600 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of DrTeeth

DrTeeth

• 1687 Posts
  • 389 Reply Likes
Just out of interest. If I in the UK has a prob that requires some hands on Flex TLC, to where would we send it?
(Edited)
Photo of Chris DL5NAM

Chris DL5NAM

• 667 Posts
  • 151 Reply Likes
Howard, i have a 6700 and TRX was recalled from Flex one time ! Dont remember what they have done. Was very secret ;-)

If our friends from UK will leave EU - they further life on a island (with own IOTA number) that counts to Europe :-)
Photo of KY6LA - Howard

KY6LA - Howard, Elmer

• 3737 Posts
  • 1600 Reply Likes
Your right there was a power supply upgrade on the 6700 only to deal with the heavier processor loads.
Photo of DrTeeth

DrTeeth

• 1687 Posts
  • 389 Reply Likes
Leaving the EU (which is the way I'm voting) should not make any difference to the Flex arrangements at all.
Photo of Chris DL5NAM

Chris DL5NAM

• 667 Posts
  • 151 Reply Likes
.... any rumors sad: then UK will be a new state of USA   :-)
Photo of DrTeeth

DrTeeth

• 1687 Posts
  • 389 Reply Likes
In the unlikely event that anybody would like to chat about the EU vote, it must be off this forum. My email is guy at drteeth dot co dot uk.
(Edited)