6500 case fan sizes? Max DC voltage?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)

Could
someone tell me what the size of the two intake fans on the side of
the 6500 are? 80mm, 92mm?

I want to add intake fan filters to prevent and reduce the level of dust or debris from entering case.

What is the maximum supply voltage allowed during receive. I would like to adjust my power supply for optimal efficiency using stock power cable. I know 13.8VDC is default.
Photo of KC2QMA_John

KC2QMA_John

• 691 Posts
  • 293 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Chris DL5NAM

Chris DL5NAM

• 667 Posts
  • 151 Reply Likes
What do you hope or think what will be the difference between 13,8 VDC and 13,9 VDC or 14,0 VDC. ? Signal goes from S7 to S8 ? Come on, switch on your brain and come back to the ground!
The RX not working at this voltage level. There voltage converters inside - 5V and 3,3 V and ...

Reducing of dust with fan filters reduce air flow and that can kill your Flex ! And your lost your warranty at Flex!
Photo of KC2QMA_John

KC2QMA_John

• 691 Posts
  • 293 Reply Likes
What is the optimal supply voltage allowed during Transmit at Full RF Power?
(Edited)
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9186 Posts
  • 3541 Reply Likes
13.8 VDC at the radio.  Take into account any IR drop due to cable and connector resistance.
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9186 Posts
  • 3541 Reply Likes
I do not recommend using any type of in take air filtering on the FLEX-6000s.  If you are concerned with dust build up, just make a point to blow out the dust 2-3 times a year.

You can used compressed air to do this.  However, make sure that you use a non-metallic object, like a toothpick to prevent the compressed air from spinning the fans.  Overspin can damage the bearings.
Photo of KC2QMA_John

KC2QMA_John

• 691 Posts
  • 293 Reply Likes
OK thanks Tim that's exactly what I wanted to know.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.