Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6500 and Ten Tec 1210

Rich McCabe
Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
I forgot I that I had a Ten Tec 1210 transverter in the basement. I am doubting I will use it but if I decide to I was wondering if this is a good choice for the Flex. More than likely I will just throw it on swap.qth but if its the greatest thing since sliced bread for my 6500 maybe I will keep it around in case my mood changes.

Anyone with experience with a 1210?

Answers

• Mike
    Mike Member
    edited February 2015
    I also have a 1210 and thought of using it with my 6300. My conclusion was "no go". The 1210 requires high level input -- a few watts, so one has to take FLEX output from an antenna port, not the transverter port. I was not able to figure out how to indicate a frequency offset when using an antenna port. Also, you won't be able to cover the whole 2 meter band as the FLEX will not transmit outside ham bands on an antenna port. You'll be limited to 144 to 145.7 MHz. I've not looked into modifying the 1210 for low level input. --Mike, WV2ZOW
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Thanks Mike.  Great info and just what I needed :)
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Look at the schematic.  Could it be easily modified for lower drive from the transverter port?
    I have been contemplating something just like this, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Ken - NM9P
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Ken,

Contemplating?  How about I send you this one.

FREE !   I have not tested it so no guarantees :)
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Wow!  Sure.  I'll give it a shot.
    Do you need my Address?  I'm good on QRZ.com and the FCC database.
    Thanks,

Ken - NM9P
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    I will look you up on QRZ Ken. Probably be Monday before I drop off at the P.O.

But consider yourself with a project.  I have the build manual too so you are set for documentation.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Rich, the transverter arrived this afternoon. Thanks. I will try to get it going this weekend. I haven't been able to find a manual or schematic online yet, but I will keep looking. Thanks again, Ken-NM9P
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Sorry for delay on that.  I did check it and it appears to work. The toggle switch on front is flaky so I jumped it to test.

Hmmm, I think I have manual somewhere. let me check and if so I will get that in the mail to you.

• Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Yup . 

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thanks! No prob on delay. I haven't had much time to play this past month, other than a few hours messing with a MIDI controller.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.