Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6400M won't switch to 20m and other band changing issues

Options
3 month old radio. After disconnecting from SmartSDR, radio had a software crash. Thereafter, could not access 20m. When touching 20m, radio defaults to specific freq on 40m. Also, other band changes are sometimes problematic. Same problem when using Smart SDR/Smartlink. I tried long turnoff, many restarts, earlier S/W version,total power unplug. Can't find this issue in community posts so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Dale,

Can you enter a frequency directly like 14.329? If not, then I recommend the following:

1. Export your profile settings to a place where you can find them
    2. Perform a hardware reset on the radio. Power off the radio, press and hold the power switch until the LED turns white.
    3. Now try selecting 20M. It should work.
    4. Reimport your profiles but UNCHECK "Preferences". 

One of these steps should get you back in business.

Mack
    W4AX
    Alpha Team
  • Dale LeStourgeon
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Thanks, Mack. Well, just directly entering a 20m freq fixed the problem.I guess being a newbie (and old ham) was part of the issue. Glad I did not have to do the steps 1-4.
  • Bill W2PKY
    Bill W2PKY Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Usually when the radio crashes calling up a profile will correct everything.
    Hardware reset will always bring it back of course as Mack has mentioned.
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    If you save your "Profiles" BEFORE you start having problems then it takes maybe 7 minutes to do a hard reset and a full restore of YOUR settings (most of this time is the reboot).  
    I save mine about once a month on both my radios and NEVER hesitate doing a hard reset and restore on my 6600M and 6700's if things go a bit strange. 
    Enjoy your great Radio.

• Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I'm pleased it worked for you. No worries, we all have a learning curve with every radio.

Mack
    W4AX

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.