Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6400M Using VOX keying Amplifier

Options
KL4QG
KL4QG Member ✭✭
My new solid state Amplifier keys by Carrier and Voice /VOX keying And special setting I need do on my 6400M Joe

Answers

• Paul - GI4FZD
    Paul - GI4FZD Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Make and model of Amplifier would help.
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Special built for me in Alaska
    https://youtu.be/hoh54m75zIQ

imageimage
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Any input
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Thank u
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Is there a link to the manual?  I would like to look at it.  Or is this a one of with only RF keying?

If it is unique, I would discuss with the builder and what his expectations might be.  

If there is no PTT lead to the amp, then there is no settings in the radio that you can use.  It will be truly plug and play.

Mike
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Just RF keying
    No manual
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I updated my comments above, however, there is nothing that you can adjust since there is no PTT lead.

When you have a PTT connection, that allows you to put the Amp into TX before the radio sends RF to the Amp.  Since it is RF sensing, then the Amp is now getting RF and then Hot Switching into TX.

I'm not sure why he didn't include a PTT lead since it isn't very complicated.  Doing it the way he did it is much more complicated.

Let us know how it goes.

• KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I ran Tokyo High Amp years with RF sensing to Icom 718 no problems - I think today a lot people over think about a problem that not a problem just not a normal way / I like input here please He sells lots amps with no user complains
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Just just plug and play
  • Mike-VA3MW
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Hi Joe

Nothing much to add.  There is nothing you can adjust other than drive power.

I would be curious to see if it drops the first part of a CW transmission of a bit of the audio in digital mode operation.

Does he publish the time it takes to go into tx?

Mike
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I just emailed him about I’m curious to see if it drops the first part of a CW transmission of a bit of the audio in digital mode operation. Does he publish the time it takes to go into Tx Do you want his email address too? Joe
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Options
    His answer

Joe it go to tx in millisecond it doesn't lose letter and it has millisecond delay off.
    all my amps works with same auto ptt no one ever told me that loses anything CW or Digital. Joe -this is a video from older 500w uses the same tx auto ptt just now your board it has a little more delay off https://youtu.be/6KHwu0aiIzs
  • Mike-VA3MW
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Good stuff... Let us know how it works for you.
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Will have two weeks
    My Ten Tec Titan old and I live in Eskimo Village I’m
    Just Tiered tubes Titan great amp
    It’s very very good price for 1500 plus watts
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Options
    When I get amplifier I’ll take lots pictures inside &
    Out comes with as built also drawing with pictures
    Joe
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Amp being sent out to me next week about 14 days I should have on air Anyone wants see how amp works I’ll update here Have nice weekend

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.