Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6400M upgrade to 2.1.33

Jim K4JAF
Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭
Just let the 6400M upgrade to 2.1.33 and all went smoothly.  File was automatically downloaded to radio and installed with no problems.  Thanks Flex

Comments

• Stephen Hawkins NG0G
    Stephen Hawkins NG0G Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    What did you have to do?   Did it happen automagically or did you have to create an account and login?

• Stephen Hawkins NG0G
    edited March 2018
    It's updating now.
  • mlstutler
    mlstutler Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Just upgraded pc and Maestro.  No issues.  
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    This should fix the smartlink issues, fyi
  • Stephen Hawkins NG0G
    edited March 2018
    At first I clicked on "login" and created a login and password.  Got an email asking me to verify.  I did.
    Now two questions.
    1.  What was I creating a login to.
    2.  When I  try to login now I just get sent back to the login screen.
    Update went OK anyway.  And the auto tuner seems to work better now.  Is anyone aware of changes to the way the ATU works in this update?

• Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2018
    The Login button is for SmartLink.  Make sure that you install v2.1.33 before trying to login as we addressed a login problem on the new version.
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    This fixed my issues.  I wish staff would not lock the other threads so fast :(

All good !

• Lionel
    Lionel Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Smooth, easy update.  Well done Flex. 
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    Fixed mine so far... woo hoo
  • Jim  KJ7S
    Jim KJ7S Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    For me the update to 2.1.33 went well for the 6300, so far only issue is low bandwidth disconnect through verizon cell. Only got three yellow bars down to 1 red bar back n forth till it finally disconnects. I've had that problem all along and even with low bandwidth connect it does same thing and tx audio is so broken it's unusable. But I believe it's a simple bandwidth issue and not the flex software as it seems to work well otherwise. Thanks for burning the midnight oil to get the SmartLink issue fixed guys n gals...Time for some R&R... or JD, or whatever the preferred is hi.  Now to put the new version on the main Machine and see how it does.
  • N8FNR
    N8FNR Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Prior to the upgrade I could not save profile info. After a radio restart when I clicked on the profile name it did not restore anything. Now profiles work.
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Hmm. Could also be your home router... if you want me to try here I can run a test and see if it's your connection.

Ria
  • KB4OIF
    KB4OIF Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    OK.  I have a 6400M.  My display is sideways.  I will do the work around.  How do I upgrade to the latest software.  I seen the log on button once, same with the connect button once the first time I turned it on.  where do I go to get the 6400M to connect to the internet.  6400 M is stand alone no pc. cable is hooked to my router.  
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    OldRanger, I did not have the M model long enough to see a new version.

However, what is supposed to happen is your radio should check for new version each time you start it up and assuming it is hooked to a router with internet connection, you will see it on your select a version list.

Rich

• KB4OIF
    KB4OIF Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Yes. Zack.  am new to flex and trying to learn.  New version came out yesterday I think.
  • Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    It works as Rich says.. Each time the radio is turned on it will check the Flex Site for a new Version.
    Then it will show up on the screen that lets you pick which version to run.  Provided of course your router is connected to the internet.  First time a new version is available you will choose that one and 
    the firmware will be installed in the M model.  
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2018
    If you have an external monitor connected, this is a known issue that we are working on.  The workaround is to connect the external monitor after the radio is up and running.  Note that this only seems to happen on some monitors and not others.
  • N8FNR
    N8FNR Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    It is a complicated radio and you should have the manuals on your PC for reference. I look at them all of the time as I am still learning a lot.
  • KB4OIF
    KB4OIF Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Mine does not do that.  Mine goes straight to the panadapter screen.  It did it once the first time I turn the radio on.  did not push any buttons and it went there (to the panadapter screen)by itself.
     correct me if I am wrong,  My 6400 M has the 2.1.32 software installed.   I have the 6400m connected with the blue Ethernet cable.  It is showing the IP address on the network screen.  the Ethernet ip is one digit different i.12.  the ip address ends in a 13.    Should the 6400M detect the new software and bring up the screen you folks are talking about.                            
  • KB4OIF
    KB4OIF Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    It's got gremlins.  went and got a cup of coffee and let my dog out come back and it said the radio is in use. try again later then it restart  BY ITSELF and started the update.   It has the latest version.  I guess I have had too many cups of coffee or there are gremlins in it. 

Tell me if I have not been reading the manual too much or is this called brain overload.
  • Jay W5IB
    Jay W5IB Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I had the sideways issue with my 6400M, but after booting it up, then shutting down and rebooting , the third time it remembered the new external monitor and works as it should.
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    No patience or a slow internet connection or both ... :-)
  • Doug
    Doug Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I guess I got lucky I left my 6400M on overnight connected to the Internet and when I went into the shack and looked at the screen on the radio it was there . Did the update on the radio done deal no issues
  • KB4OIF
    KB4OIF Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Thanks Doug.  Thought I had gremlins.  I do have to take a day off from reading the manual.  It's starting to get confused, the brain that is, and I want for the info to stay in the gray matter.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.