Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6400M - Updating radio from wifi

Rod KI7CQ
Rod KI7CQ Member
edited November 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
My friend and I just got our 6400Ms.  Everything is working great with mine, but I have mine connected directly to my network router.

My friend has his radio directly connected to a laptop with the supplied network cable.  His network is wifi, so the laptop connects to the internet that way.  SmartSDR can communicate with his radio and run it (through the direct cable).  But, if he tries to work on the radio itself, it wants to update the software and it can't connect to the internet.

In reading some articles on this site, I didn't find one that said this scenario would work.  Is that correct?

Answers

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Seems like the radio and front panel hardware are on different versions. The radio would have to be connected to the Internet to update it. One way to do it would be to enable internet connection sharing on the laptop. 
  • Mike KE4U
    Mike KE4U Member
    edited March 2019
    This scenario should work if your friend has 'bridged' the laptop's ethernet port with the wi-fi port.  

How to create a Network Bridge on Windows 10
    1. Use the Windows key + X to open the Power User menu and select Network Connections.
    2. Select both, the network adapter that connects to the internet and the adapter you want to use in the bridge connection.
    3. Right-click the selection and click Bridge Connections
  • Rod KI7CQ
    Rod KI7CQ Member
    edited February 2018
    Great.  I'll pass these suggestions on to my friend and report back.

Thanks.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.