6400M - Unresponsive slider controls

• Problem
  • Updated 4 months ago
  • In Progress
Antenna gain sliders are extremely difficult to grab and do not always work. The locator dot does not connect with the slider graphic. I believe the pop out is too crowded and it is interfering with another object in the graphic. SW Version 2.1.33. Problems with other sliders on filters as well but gain is the worst. Possible screen calibration issue but I believe it is a crowding issue.
Photo of Elliot Skultin

Elliot Skultin

• 31 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
  • supportive of the development team

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Rich McCabe

Rich McCabe

• 976 Posts
  • 212 Reply Likes
Are you talking about the RF Gain/Preamp sliders Elliot?

Can't say I ever had issues with that. But I normal click on either side to move it up and down.
Photo of Elliot Skultin

Elliot Skultin

• 31 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
Sounds great but the 6400M does not support a mouse.  (I would much prefer using a mouse to touching the screen)  Fingers work about 10% of the time. I do tap at the extremes of the slider and it works occasionally but t's a real issue. Is an issue with other sliders as well but preamp gain is the worst.
Photo of Rich McCabe

Rich McCabe

• 976 Posts
  • 212 Reply Likes
Sorry Elliot when I said click I was referring to press with my finger. AKA fat finger.
Photo of Elliot Skultin

Elliot Skultin

• 31 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
I just took a video of it but it's too large to post.  Definitely an "undocumented feature" and I am certain Flex will get it worked out in future revs.    There is a target dot on the display referencing where you finger taps but it is offset significantly from the actual location of my finger.  It's not an issue with other controls on the display other than sliders, and particularly this one.   I would be happy to send a video to someone's drop-box if asked.  It is pretty conclusive. 

Otherwise....  WHOLLY BEJESUS!! I LOVE MY FLEX!!!  I am the god of DX up here on my mountain top.  The other night the band was completely empty except for one faint little stream of DX from Japan.   It was "Mee" calling on 20m with 200 watts.   We talked for 15 minutes like we were the only people at the party and she was super easy to read with my preamp gain up at mid position.   Cheers everyone!   KE0PPC
(Edited)
Photo of Eric - KE5DTO

Eric - KE5DTO, Employee

• 673 Posts
  • 203 Reply Likes
It would probably help if I could see the video.  Can you shoot me the dropbox link: eric@flex-radio.com.  Thanks.
Photo of Elliot Skultin

Elliot Skultin

• 31 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
All  done.  I just sent you the link to a dropbox.  
Photo of Eric - KE5DTO

Eric - KE5DTO, Employee

• 673 Posts
  • 203 Reply Likes
Video received, thanks.  I can see how that would be really frustrating.  It does indeed look like the touch screen calibration is off.  Unfortunately, this isn't something we would be able to address in the field.  We will likely need to get this into a helpdesk ticket to proceed.
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9130 Posts
  • 3454 Reply Likes
I have converted this topic to a support HelpDesk ticket (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) for expedited issue resolution.  Please respond using the HelpDesk ticket for issue resolution.
Photo of Elliot Skultin

Elliot Skultin

• 31 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
It might be important to note this radio is operated at my home QTH at 8400 ft MSL. Atmospheric pressure may be a factor
Photo of Bill -VA3WTB

Bill -VA3WTB

• 2512 Posts
  • 564 Reply Likes
Elliot, I like what you said about the target dot being a little off, maybe post that again only mentioning that, and if you can't post the video that's ok, Flex will see your comment, then they can look into it more, and fix it.
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9130 Posts
  • 3454 Reply Likes
This issue is being addressed as a service issue.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.