6400M RMS Express WINMOR TX Problem

• Problem
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
Flex 6400M with V2.4.9.45 software. CAT and DAX installed on Windows 10.

I have been unable to get any RF power out when trying to make WINMOR connection with RMS Express. The radio goes into transmit mode but there is no power out indicated and I do not get a connect.

I am fairly certain the basics are setup correctly. I do not have any trouble using FLDIGI for other digital modes such as RTTY, PSK31, FT8, etc.

Any tips on what to check or links to a tutorial that references the V2.x.x.x software, etc. would be appreciated.
Photo of Tim N9PUZ

Tim N9PUZ

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of N9VC

N9VC

• 125 Posts
  • 34 Reply Likes
These are the settings I use for transmit and receive.
You say it goes into transmit, but no power output.
I have been using this for years with my Flex. If after
you compare and make any changes, please post some
screen shots as it is hard to guess where your set up
might have went wrong.

73, Jim N9VC

Photo of Arvind Mallya

Arvind Mallya

• 44 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Tim, Here is my setup and works every time, except I found during the really smoky days here in San Francisco Bay Area, I could not connect.  Looked like lot of charged particles in the smoke which did not allow me to connect.
Photo of Arvind Mallya

Arvind Mallya

• 44 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Tim,  I used Jim N9VC's setup and it works, looks like he posted lot more details follow all the steps and it should work.

Photo of Arvind Mallya

Arvind Mallya

• 44 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Tim, Make sure that DAX on that panel to the right and the one on the flag on the top of the spectral display is highlighted and Blue.  On the DAX panel it should also be Blue, otherwise you will not see the transmit spectral output on the display like I have shown.

Photo of Tim N9PUZ

Tim N9PUZ

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you everyone. The 6400M is working perfectly with Winlink Express now.

I compared my configuration to those posted by Arvind and Jim N9VC. I did not see any difference. I deleted and re-entered every parameter and it is transmitting as expected now. I'm not certain what was different but I imagine it was something I had done incorrectly.

Tim N9PUZ