6400M - Radio always wants to update when turned on

• Question
  • Updated 7 months ago
My friend and I both got our 6400Ms.  Great radio, I hooked it up to my network (hard-wired), got set up and and have had no issues.

My friend connected the radio directly to his laptop which has wifi.  To update the radio, I got on his Win 10 computer and set up a wifi-ethernet bridge.  That worked to update the radio through 2 software updates and a firmware update.  Then I deleted the bridge.

His problem is that, his radio wants him to update the software every time he starts it.  I have talked him through many things this week, and gotten on his computer with TeamViewer (internet conference program), but he can't get past this problem.

I am beginning to wonder if the best thing is for him to run a network cable from his radio directly to his router.  Then connect to the radio on the laptop with SmartSDR.

Curious if anyone has had a similar experience.
Photo of Rod KI7CQ

Rod KI7CQ

• 19 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of NX6D Dave

NX6D Dave

• 302 Posts
  • 89 Reply Likes
Official Response
We're working on this problem on two fronts, software and documentation.  We'll release a new version of the M Series User Guide, soon,  that explains how the startup sequence should work, and how to tell if something is wrong that may need attention from Flex.
(Edited)