Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6400M microphone jack

KB4OIF
KB4OIF Member ✭✭
I do not own a 6400M yet.  going to Orlando in 3 weeks so I will see it first hand there.  I see that the jack is a plugin on the back of the radio.  Can different micks be used on the flex radio's.

Answers

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Yes All Flexes work well with a wide variety of Mics.
  • KB4OIF
    KB4OIF Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Where can I see what adapters for say Heil PR-10, HM-12, GM-5.  How good is the mike that comes with the radio?

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Flex has several mic adapters on the Flex store for many types of mic connections.
    The hand mic that comes with the radio is a good communications grade mic.
    For better audio, you may want to go with a better performance mic.
    If you have a certain mic in mind, ask here what you need for your mic, there will be someone that would know just what you need.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited January 2018
    The FHM-2 condenser mic that comes with the new radios is a very serviceable microphone. It will provide good sounding audio, but not "high fidelity" audio.

If you need a FLEX-6400 or FLEX-6600 specific mic cable adapter for a 4-pin XLR or an 8-pin Foster connector to mate to your existing Heil Yaesu type mic cables, we will have adapter cables available to meet that need.  We hope to have a description of them in the Online Store very soon.
  • Reggie-k6xr
    Reggie-k6xr Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Can they be ordered at time of rig shipping to save on shipping cost? Shipped in same box?
  • Reggie-k6xr
    Reggie-k6xr Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Is there an adapter for the heil headset? MIne has mono 1/8 for mic. Is there an adapter of sorts? I had an adapter for my 6500, but don't think that will work on the 6400M?
  • Stephen Hawkins NG0G
    Stephen Hawkins NG0G Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I have a Heil Proset currently with an adapter for a Yaesu FT-1000MP MkV Field.  Will I need a new adapter?
  • Mark Chamberlain
    Mark Chamberlain Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Is there a pin out available for the 8 pin foster adapter? Regards Mark M0ZSS
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited January 2018
    Reggie,

When Flex contacts you for final payment they will ask what options you want, if any. If those options (adapter cables) can fit in the box then they will ship with the radio.

Dave wo2x
  • Reggie-k6xr
    Reggie-k6xr Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Thanks David! I paid my invoice months ago! But, I did  order the adapter from Flex a few days ago for inserting into the 6400M shipping box.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.