Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6400M + MAC + WSJTX

[Deleted User]
edited March 2020 in Third-Party Software
I have a question where I am hoping someone can help, Bob has now got a new flex 6400 M and we are trying to get it set up to work with FT8. The issue is I have had my flex for over a year but I am use a 6600 and a Maestro so the configuration is similar but not the same

We both use Mac computers with Mac logger DX and dog park SDR plus the WSJTX program - both have radios with V 3.1.8.145

Mine is working okay but Bob has a problem ! 

He has the receiver side working okay via “Loop Back Audio” doing the audio linking between programs but the issue is the transmit side

It looks like the 6400 M is busy with an active slice and won’t permit the computer side to take over and act as a transmitter source.

The next bit of confusion comes because on the Maestro menu/radio I have the ability to “switch radio” But on the 6400M in the same position it says “switch version”

So the big question, if you have to make the 6400 M go to an “off mode”  while the computer deals with the data program via dog park SDR - where is the switch on the 6400 M to enable you to do this ?

We have followed the preferred settings procedure and everything is set up to work, it’s just the issue of getting the transmit audio tones which are being sent from WSJTX through to dog park SDR but we can’t get them to go from there to the 6400 M - using the “Monitor function” in Loopback you can hear the tones are there - but that’s as far as they go !

Many thanks

Phil G4UDU

Answers

• K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    hi

per dogparksdr website

help for wsjtx usage NOT Using XDAX

https://www.dogparksoftware.com/dogparkSDR_Help/dpsdr_wsjt-x_no_xdax.html

also look at K2FT document from the site

https://www.dogparksoftware.com/dogparkSDR_Help/Mac_WSJT-X_Setup.pdf<br alt="" title="" name="" value="" type="" target="" rel=""><br alt="" title="" name="" value="" type="" target="" rel="">
    when running wsjtx all mac apps
    my own 6600m is setup using ssdr v2.4.9 so i can use xdax.xcat by Mario
    linked to loopback for XCAT control of ptt and XDAX for audio routing

Mario is currently working to update xdax/xcat to work with ssdr v3

this has worked best for me
    when i want or  need ssdr v3.x, it just change it on the 6600m cause it is easy to switch back and forth version of ssdr on the radio.

not sure if any of this helps
    but
    best i can do at the time

Paul K3SF

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.