Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6400M hooked to my router

KB4OIF
KB4OIF Member ✭✭
I have a 6400M coming tomorrow.  My question is do I have to download anything on my PC for the 6400M.  Or will the 6400M get what it needs or wants from the connection to my router.  

Answers

• Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    The 6400M will work out of the box without connection to a computer. It does need a wired or wireless Internet connection for any software updates.

Mack
    W4AX
    Alpha Team
  • KB4OIF
    KB4OIF Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Thanks Mack.  been reading a lot and that thought went thru the brain this morning.  My first flex.  Will be learning as i go along. With the help of my friends here, my friends that own flexes on my nets, i should be ok.  I"""THINK""" my brain will survive.  At almost 72 yrs old, it leaks a little.
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020
    If you plan on using digital modes or want to use SmartSDR for Windows then you will need to download the SmartSDR for Windows installer package. This will install SmartSDR CAT and DAX on the PC to allow digital software to talk to the radio and other programs such as logbook.

Dave wo2x

• K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    You will find a notice of the latest SSDR  firmware release in a notification block in the upper right corner of the Flex Community Home page.  Just click on that block and follow the instructions for loading.  https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/smartsdr-v2-1-32-now-available

• Don Babcock
    Don Babcock Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Mine leaks at 57 :-)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.