Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6400M for sale already

James Whiteway
edited August 2020 in The Flea Market
Wow, barely out the door and a new 6400M with ATU is up for sale on qth.com !

Answers

• James Whiteway
    edited February 2018
    And only used for receive for one hour. If I wasn't expecting my 6600M soon, I'd check this deal out!
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Hard to believe wait all that time and then sell it.

New in box and used one hour are not the same either.  Its one or the other and in this case its no longer new in the box :)

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Why not return it to Flex for refund?
  • HCampbell  WB4IVF
    HCampbell WB4IVF Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019

Interesting ad.  The email address and phone number of the seller, John Stridsberg, are those of Stridsberg Engineering:

http://www.stridsberg.com/

…… which makes filters, preamps, and similar products.  Just a wild guess, but maybe Stridsberg is a component supplier for Flex and was provided the radio for testing?

Anyway, it's sold now.

Howard 

• Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Wish I had seen it before sold..  Not that far away from me, could have been using it tonight!  Fastest sale of the 6400 series you will probably find.  
    Oh well, back to waiting..........  
  • HCampbell  WB4IVF
    HCampbell WB4IVF Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Jim -

Just looked up your location and saw you're in Chipley, which I'm quite familiar with (I grew up in Panama City).  Haven't been back for many years, but later this year we'll be going to PC Beach with our daughter and her family for vacation.  I'll be using  my ICOM 7000 on the way.  Sure wish Flex made a mobile rig. 

Howard
  • Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Actually between Panama City and Chipley, about half way.  Enjoy yourself down on the beach, I get down there at least once a week.  73s, Jim 
  • KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Very Good Question.
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I mean, who knows. People sell for all kinds of reasons. I had a SPE 1.3K-FA which I liked quite a lot but sold it within a couple months because I wanted the money for the PG XL. It's not a bad amp, just wanted something more heavy duty.