Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6400M & 6600M Built in Display Question ?

KC2QMA_John
KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
edited November 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Are the displays in the 64/6600M models 8” windows tablets like the Maestro or are they dedicated Standalone graphics display modules?

Answers

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    The displays are different from the Maestro, from what I gather. However they may still be be Windows based. It's just easier that way. 
  • KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017

Hello Ria,

I don't mind that it is windows based I just want to know if they are still 8” Tablets or if it is a standard graphics display module driven by a mini/micro-PC.

• KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Same size display as the Maestro (8-inch) with 1920x1200 resolution.   The 8-inch Maestro screen has 1280x800 resolution.
  • KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018

OK let me RE-Ask my question in a different way:
    Is the display in the new radios:

1. A tablet?

OR

2. A dedicated display module driven by an internal computer inside the radio. (Not A Tablet)?

(TABLET)

(DISPLAY MODULE)
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited November 2019
    Neither.  The display unit in the 6600M/6400M has electronics that are similar to a tablet computer, but it is not an off the shelf tablet.
  • KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    OK Tim that's good news,
    The last thing I want to have to worry about is a propitiatory tablet with an internal battery that will fail. Also tablet manufactures only make a model for 6 month to a year tops so after that your **** unless the next model is the exact form factor or drop in replacement.
  • KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Probably not. It's a module designed for OEMs. That seems like a consumer device. 

Think of the nav system in your car. A lot of them run windows. 
  • Gary Johnson
    Gary Johnson Member
    edited December 2018
    Is the original poster asking if what is seen on the screen customizable or is it fixed by internal programming??   73,Gary JN5BAA

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.