6400M & 6600M Built in Display Question ?

• Question
  • Updated 11 months ago
  • Answered
Are the displays in the 64/6600M models 8” windows tablets like the Maestro or are they dedicated Standalone graphics display modules?
Photo of KC2QMA_John

KC2QMA_John

• 532 Posts
  • 180 Reply Likes

Posted 12 months ago

Photo of Ria - N2RJ

Ria - N2RJ, Elmer

• 2254 Posts
  • 879 Reply Likes
The displays are different from the Maestro, from what I gather. However they may still be be Windows based. It's just easier that way. 
Photo of KC2QMA_John

KC2QMA_John

• 532 Posts
  • 180 Reply Likes

Hello Ria,

I don't mind that it is windows based I just want to know if they are still 8” Tablets or if it is a standard graphics display module driven by a mini/micro-PC.

(Edited)
Photo of KF4HR

KF4HR

• 507 Posts
  • 140 Reply Likes
Same size display as the Maestro (8-inch) with 1920x1200 resolution.   The 8-inch Maestro screen has 1280x800 resolution.
Photo of KC2QMA_John

KC2QMA_John

• 532 Posts
  • 180 Reply Likes

OK let me RE-Ask my question in a different way:
Is the display in the new radios:

1. A tablet?

OR

2. A dedicated display module driven by an internal computer inside the radio. (Not A Tablet)?

(TABLET)

(DISPLAY MODULE)

(Edited)
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9148 Posts
  • 3466 Reply Likes
Neither.  The display unit in the 6600M/6400M has electronics that are similar to a tablet computer, but it is not an off the shelf tablet.
Photo of KC2QMA_John

KC2QMA_John

• 532 Posts
  • 180 Reply Likes
OK Tim that's good news,
The last thing I want to have to worry about is a propitiatory tablet with an internal battery that will fail. Also tablet manufactures only make a model for 6 month to a year tops so after that your screwed unless the next model is the exact form factor or drop in replacement.
Photo of KC2QMA_John

KC2QMA_John

• 532 Posts
  • 180 Reply Likes
Photo of Ria - N2RJ

Ria - N2RJ, Elmer

• 2254 Posts
  • 879 Reply Likes
Probably not. It's a module designed for OEMs. That seems like a consumer device. 

Think of the nav system in your car. A lot of them run windows. 
(Edited)
Photo of Gary Johnson

Gary Johnson

• 104 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes
Is the original poster asking if what is seen on the screen customizable or is it fixed by internal programming??   73,Gary JN5BAA