Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6400 with XLR Dynamic Microphone

A.J. AJ2I
A.J. AJ2I Member ✭✭
edited April 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I know flex sells a cable on the online store for XLR to 1/8in cable. I bought one on ebay that is a TRS to XLR cable.  for my Behringer XM8500 https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/215145-REG/Behringer_XM8500_XM8500_Dynamic_ULTRAVOICE.html

I cannot get any audio input at all for this Microphone. I tried adjusting +20 etc. I've cycled through a few profiles and still nothing. The stock hand mic is fine. 

Any ideas? 

Answers

• Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    It should work fine..  Are you using Vox or PTT with a footswitch, etc?
    Make sure you have the input on Mic and not Acc.  
    What do you mean by TRS referring to your mic cable?

• Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    It should work fine..  Are you using Vox or PTT with a footswitch, etc?
    Make sure you have the input on Mic and not Acc.  Is the 1/8 plug stereo?
    What do you mean by TRS referring to your mic cable?
    It 
  • A.J. AJ2I
    A.J. AJ2I Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Input is on mic. Using foot switch and also tried MOX buttonimage
  • AA0KM
    AA0KM Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Check pin-outs with OHM meter see if they are correct.
  • Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Pin out check is a great idea.
    Do you have mic bias turned on?  The Behringer is dynamic and doesnt require bias. I have never used the included hand mic, so not sure if it requires bias or not.  
  • A.J. AJ2I
    A.J. AJ2I Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Turns out this is wired unbalanced...with Pin 1 and 3 going to Sleeve
  • Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I believe the cable you purchased from Ebay was the same one listed here on the reflector which I also purchased.  I had to rewire the XLR connector to make it work.  They are easy to rewire though, nice big soldering tabs.. 
  • A.J. AJ2I
    A.J. AJ2I Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Thanks Jim. Glad this is all covered in the flex manual with pinout diagrams.. instead they say spend $26 on a $8 cable

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.