Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6400 tune not working in SSB

Lionel
Lionel Member ✭✭✭
6400 Tune function not working in SSB

This morning if found my 6400 with no tune output in USB or LSB (no ATU), but tune output was normal on CW.  My CW pitch 500hz.  Low cut SSB 250hz.  Band did not matter.  Profile same as last night.  A slice 14.020/B slice 7.245.

I had never seen this before today.

I noticed the TX EQ was on, though 500hz was at +4db.  I turned the TX EQ off and SSB tune output was okay.  Frequency A/B 14.020/7.245.

Then I turned the TX EQ on again and now the SSB output was okay.  I could not replicate the no power out in tune on SSB with any EQ adjustments. 

The 6400 was off and powered up first thing this morning.  Boot seemed normal, SSDR startup seemed normal.

Running 2.4.9, W10 1803, ethernet direct from 6400 to computer.

It seems like a one off oddity but maybe this will save someone else's time.

Comments

• Lionel
    Lionel Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Maybe has nothing to do with EQ.

Accidentally found the following scenario trying replicate the issue related to the EQ.

Setup
    Connected to DL
    6400 boot to On following power disconnected  state
    SSDR running - Slice A 14.028(CW) Slice B 14.305(Active SSB)
    TX and RX EQ off
    Power Set 100W out
    Tune set 10 W
    Ethernet 100%
    select tune (slice B active and TX set) = 10W out - TX signal on spectrum.

1.  exit SSDR - exits normally

2. restart SSDR - finds 6400 and starts normally.

3. Now slice A is set to transmit. Slice A 14.028(CW) Slice B 14.305(Active  SSB) The change to slice A TX on restart seems odd. 

4. Set slice B to transmit.

5. Select Tune

6. Tune output is zero

7. Move slice B VFO 50hz - change nothing else

8. Now slice B is 14.304.950

9 Select Tune

10. Tune output is 10W. 

It seems as though moving SL-B frequency any amount corrected the no tune output back to normal function.

I have seen something similar to this before but it seemed related to the WNB and noise floor (never replicated at Flex) Flex believed it to be a hardware issue - Maybe its SSDR corrupted (W10x64 - 1803)

I do not believe is is Profile related since I have used different profiles with the same result.

Perhaps this calls for a removal and complete reload of SSDR.  Maybe??

I'm wondering if anyone can replicate this behavior.  There are hundreds of scenarios so maybe this is just one that is a bit odd.

Apologies for the detail level but there are A LOT of variables.
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    When it doesn't tune is the tune button grayed out?
  • Lionel
    Lionel Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    No, the tune button was not grayed out.  I double checked that the TX Inhibit was disabled. 
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I asked because sometimes when I first start SSDR my MOX and TUNE buttons are grayed out and I just have to reload my profile to fix it.
  • Lionel
    Lionel Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I haven’t seen that but I do wonder about my profiles though how this effect would come profiles seems like a mystery. The only time I see them grayed out is when I have intentionally enabled transmit inhibit.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.