Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6400 support

M Evans
M Evans Member ✭✭
edited January 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I guess Hamvention is more important than getting our broken radios fixed. Seems like they've taken the week off for a convention. not the way to treat customers............

Comments

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I don't believe Flex has closed their service department and help desk.
    Tim is still here every day to help anyone and to answer questions.

• rfoust
    rfoust Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Running a convention is a LOT of work.  Give them a little break...
  • M Evans
    M Evans Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Tim told me all service people are at the convention. I'll bet your radios are not waiting to be repaired as mine is :-(
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    M,. FRS already stated this will be the case as it is every year. SOP.
  • Lewis Cheek
    Lewis Cheek Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    We all have a run of bad luck from time to time, however I'm sure FRS will repair and return your
    rig ASAP. I have found FRS and Elecraft to be top notch with respect to customer service.

Not that this will easy your pain of being without your rig, think about how it might be with one of the
    big three ( KIY) !

Lew
    N4CO

• Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Lewis is right of course M, be patient. I too just got my 6600 back from repair, trust me when I say they want to turn it around as quickly as possible. I waited for the end of the 3B7A expedition to end before I sent it in. 5 bands and an ATNO was worth the wait. The radio was gone I want to say 2 weeks 'ish.
  • Bill English
    Bill English Member
    edited January 2020

It's only a week, it will be over soon, just be patient. I remember in the late 1980's I save and saved and finally got enough cash together for my first new, high end rig, a TS930SAT.  It came in dead. Had to send it to California for repair. It probably took a week just to get it there from NC. It was gone a very long time. But when it came in working, it was worth the wait!

That is why I try and keep a backup.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.