Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6400 Power Button Continuous Flashing After Low Voltage Shutdown

W8ASA
W8ASA Member ✭✭

I was transmitting FT8 (88 Watts Output). Suddenly, SDR Monitor indicated a voltage drop to 10.52 VDC, although my MFJ 4225MV showed 13.8 volts. I am using the power cable that came with the Flex. The Flex 6400 stopped transmitting and the power button glowed continuous red. I turned off and disconnected the power supply from the radio and waited a few minutes. After reconnecting the power supply, when I press the power button, the button flashes rapidly as long as I hold down the button. As soon as I let go of the button, it once again goes dark. I made a video, and posted on my Google Drive. Here's a shared link to the video:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=19qQ-rfBihVwX7AHWmQljFJ_tzFXbUiUI

Suggestions? 

Comments

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    It is best to open a help desk and upload your video to that as well. You will likely get a faster reply from Flex there then you will here on the community.
  • W8ASA
    W8ASA Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Bill, I opened a ticket first, before posting here.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Ok good, they will contact you shortly.
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Have you tried using the factory reset procedure? Including removing DC power. It cures a multitude of ills.
  • Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    You either have a bad power cable or a bad power supply. Do you have another cable/supply you can test with?

Mack
    W4AX
    Alpha Team

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.