Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6400 drifting issues only on 6M

N8SDR
N8SDR Member ✭✭
edited July 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
While on 6 Meters I soon start drifting low within 2-3 minutes sometimes less even after doing a calibration this effect only happens on 6 m that we have seen so far, on 10-160 I do not encounter a drift issue, I have had several folks chase my TX signal while working on 6 meters, in both SSB and digital modes.(those are the only two modes i have tried on 6 M) but would assume it happens in all modes. Has anyone else experienced this, running software version 2.2.8.. Power supply voltage is stable, and a Non M model so no knob is being bumped, have even locked mouse scroll  options, and why only on 6 meters.

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited July 2018
    N8SDR opened a HelpDesk ticket.  This seems to be other stations drifting, not the radio. The TCXO is stable.
  • N8SDR
    N8SDR Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Tim had me run a test to check the TCXO and it is working as it should. Using the station who reported me drifting, he swapped out radios on his end and we had a 20 minute qso on 6 meters in which there was no drift in frequency. Apparently his KX3 is having thermal drifts on 6 M also note this article in-which another user of a KX3 experienced the same KX3: thermal frequency drift- http://elecraft.365791.n2.nabble.com/KX3-thermal-frequency-drift-td7587010.html , this is not an issue with the 6400, sorry for the confusion. 

Rick 
    N8SDR
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited May 2018
    No apologies necessary. I'm glad you were able to get to the bottom of the issue.
  • Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    You will find many 6 meter stations off frequency as well. 
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2019
    Not mine!  6700+GPSDO ;-)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.