Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6400 changing settings

Rick  WN2C
Rick WN2C Member ✭✭
edited March 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I have noticed that my 6400M changes receive EQ settings on its own. This issue I have seen before when I had a 6300 as in this thread:  https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/receive-eq-changes-settings-on-its-own

Has anyone else seen this or is it a problem with my 6400? I am thinking not as others have seen it too in the above thread. I have seen other setting change too like the NR turning off or the AGC time constant. I leave the radio on all the time and it seems to do this while I am not there and it is sitting idle. Any thoughts on this one?
Love the radio and the Flex service.

Answers

• Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    The only comment I have is I lost a $600 scanner last week cause I left it on 24/7 for 4 weeks and while i was gone for 2 hours in the morning we had power issues cause the xyl was complaining she had to reset a clock while i was bragging my hobby room wasnt affected till i found my dead scanner. Wall wart fine scanner is door stop wont even turn on no smoke smell either so hopefully you have a ups system the radio is on.
  • Rick  WN2C
    Rick WN2C Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    When changing modes, such as LSB to AM and back the receive EQ does not remember the other modes settings. So is there supposed to be persistence when doing this. It does not seem that this would happen on other "legacy radios". Do these settings need to be saved in a global profile?
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018

Rich,

According to the manual for the 6400M page 53 or the Smartsdr windows manual page 72 RX EQ and TX EQ are not part of persistence.

According to the manuals again page 54 for the 6400M and page 75 of Smartsdr windows manual the RX EQ settings are retained in a Global profile and the TX EQ settings are retained in a Mic Profile.

Since Mic Profiles are mode related individual TX EQ settings can be adjusted and loaded by mode using the Mic Profile.

However, since the RX EQ settings are not part of persistence and only part of the Global profile if you wanted to change the RX EQ settings other than on the fly and retain them you would have to save them in a Global Profile then each time you wanted to use a different RX EQ set you would have to load that Global Profile, of course you could assign the same mic and tx profiles which you want.

I am so into profiles now that I spent so much time on them its scary, I think I understand them now!

• Elliot Skultin
    Elliot Skultin Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    For what it's worth, I like to use Memory functions for each of the band areas I like to work.  I have a F3 assigned to my memory settings list and with just a couple quick keystrokes, I get where I want to be with my favorite settings.   

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.