Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6400 and wsjt-x 2.x

johna8119
johna8119 Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I'm having trouble configuring WSJT-X with my Flex-6400.  I had it working well until I tried configuring the program for a TS-940S.  Now I can't remember the settings I used.  (Ugh)  The attached photo shows what I have on the radio page.image
The program is decoding FT-8 transmissions, but nothing appears on the WSJT-X waterfall, though it shows up in the SDR waterfall.  DAX was selected for RX and TX

Thanks and 73
John
W4KV

Answers

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    should the PTT be cat?
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    PTT to CAT, Split to "Fake It." Not seeing stuff in the Wide Graph can be a matter of adjusting the sliders in that window. The "thermometer" audio meter reading 30+ and staying green? If so, your levels are set right.

Oh - assuming your Smart CAT is set for COM5 emulation and nothing else is trying to use COM5 at the same time.

Good luck!
  • dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    What does your AUDIO tab show for receive? 

FYI mine is quite a bit different... first I am network server 127.0.0.1:5003 and not a serial port... This is setup as a TCP port in your Smart SDR CAT settings, your PPT side looks correct as long as com5 is the proper port..  and audio tab I have it set to Input /  DAX Audio RX1 and output / DAX Audio TX

Hope this helps

Almost forgot.. MODE... DIGU
  • Rob G6EIH
    Rob G6EIH Member
    edited May 2019
    I use the network connection as it just works so much better.
  • Roger_W6VZV
    Roger_W6VZV Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    To echo another person on this thread, I'd like to see the audio settings for rx and tx.
  • Rob G6EIH
    Rob G6EIH Member
    edited June 2020
    Hers the audio settings on a 6700 should be the same for others.
  • johna8119
    johna8119 Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Audio side pic:

BTW--I have been following the recommendation to list the radio as the TS-2000.  It worked before, but now seems confused.  For PTT, I tried all the options, and I've finally settled on CAT.  "Thermometer" is green.  I have the mode set at Data/Pkt.  I gradually have moved the sliders from the extremes, but no waterfall.  Here's the decode page: 
    Tnx

• johna8119
    johna8119 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Also--if I use Flex 6xxx and a network connection, how do I find out what connection to use?  I tried localhost 68001 with no joy.
  • dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    John.. you set it... Smart SDR CAT... add... 

Example settings as follows:
    I named mine "WSJT-X"
    Port Protocol TCP
    Port Type TCP
    TCP Port.. your choice really I used 5003, on your example 68001
    VFO Slice: I set mine to A
    Enable it
    Split mode "SO2R (normal)"

Then in WSJT-X... you would set under radio tab
    look under Network Server, CAT Control... should be a 127.0.0.1:68001 available for you to select

The rest of the settings under that should then grey out as they are no longer needed
    For reference time-to-update-the-recommended-wsjt-x-config
  • Rob G6EIH
    Rob G6EIH Member
    edited May 2019
    Sorry forgot to add the Cat settings.image
  • dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    port protocol CAT?  I used TCP
  • Roger_W6VZV
    Roger_W6VZV Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Your audio looks right.
    I use the Flex selection, not the Kenwood, for my 6400M.
  • Rob G6EIH
    Rob G6EIH Member
    edited May 2019
    Yea that's strange however it is set to TCP
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited May 2019
    No, it is CAT. You need CAT to send freq and band info. Look above CAT and you can see you have TCP instead of serial. Dave wo2x
  • dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Dave, you're correct.. my mistake... the Port Protocol is CAT, TCP is not even an option.
  • N8AUM
    N8AUM Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I've noticed that after making changes to WSJT that I have to restart WSJT before the change goes into effect.
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    David Warnberg

(Sorry, too many Davids) 

(Just to clarify/nitpick) Regarding Rob G6EIH's Edit CAT Port screen capture above.

Your partially correct, The protocol is CAT, but the Port Type is TCP, as indicated by the blue highlighted TCP button, OPTION. 

AKA, a TCP CAT port.

So indeed TCP isn't an available option for the Protocol choice, since TCP isn't a protocol. However TCP is a Port Type, and it's the selected Port Type. 

So no need to pick sides, or argue further, it's all good. 

Rob's screen capture display is correct.

#FlexRadio IRC Chat

73, Jay - NO5J

• Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    The red window means you do not have any band frequencies set up in wsjt-x. You need to set up the frequencies to use. If you reset the frequency window it will install the currently used frequencies. You can also do them manually line by line. See the wsjt-x web page for more details. “On the File | Settings | Frequencies tab, right-click any line in the Working
    Frequencies table and press the Reset button. This action will pick up the
    recommended working frequencies”

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.