Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6300, v1.3 and some noise

Options
Randy Diddel
Randy Diddel Member
edited July 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
After a successful update to SmartSDR v1.3, I am very pleased with the Profile functionality.  FINALLY a radio that can save individual TX settings for those of us that have an amp.  I was able to quickly set up a profile for each band with the correct drive power.  I also setup a profile for JT65 and another for PSK31. This makes the radio very usable!  I am just returning to SDRs (owned a 3000) and got my 6300 last Tuesday. I am really impressed with the improvements.  The radio is sooooo much easier to listen to and operate.

I did notice a bug.  When I opened a 2nd Panadapter, a lot of what I would call static or distortion appeared in both audio channels.  I tried:  shutting everything off (SSDR, logging, computer, etc.)  Turned computer on and fired up everything again.  No change.  So, I did that again and this time I shut the power off to the radio-this way I could tell if it was the radio or computer. After the power cycle of the radio, the noise went away.  I am not sure where or how to trouble shoot this issue.  I will try to reproduce it again after dinner.

/randy

Answers

• Jon_KF2E
    Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Options
    You should really look into DDutil. It will automatically adjust your AMP drive levels as you change bands. It provides a lot of other functionality as well.

Jon...kf2e
  • Randy Diddel
    Randy Diddel Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Jon, I already have DDDUtil.  Did not notice that functionality.  I use DDUtil for my SteppIR BigIR vertical.  Will look at it again.

/randy
  • W9OY
    W9OY Member ✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Make sure you adjust agc-t for each receiver. If the gain is way up it will sound noisy 73 W9OY
  • Jon_KF2E
    Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I believe it is called Autodrive. It is on one of the tabs. What's nice is you can have two sets of drive values. One for when you are operating your amp the other for when you are not.

Jon...kf2e
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Randy - sometimes after an upgrade, you need to "cold boot" the radio (see the release notes on this) to fully reset all of the processors in the radio.  Let us know if it comes back

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.