6300, v1.3 and some noise

  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
After a successful update to SmartSDR v1.3, I am very pleased with the Profile functionality.  FINALLY a radio that can save individual TX settings for those of us that have an amp.  I was able to quickly set up a profile for each band with the correct drive power.  I also setup a profile for JT65 and another for PSK31. This makes the radio very usable!  I am just returning to SDRs (owned a 3000) and got my 6300 last Tuesday. I am really impressed with the improvements.  The radio is sooooo much easier to listen to and operate.

I did notice a bug.  When I opened a 2nd Panadapter, a lot of what I would call static or distortion appeared in both audio channels.  I tried:  shutting everything off (SSDR, logging, computer, etc.)  Turned computer on and fired up everything again.  No change.  So, I did that again and this time I shut the power off to the radio-this way I could tell if it was the radio or computer. After the power cycle of the radio, the noise went away.  I am not sure where or how to trouble shoot this issue.  I will try to reproduce it again after dinner.

73

/randy
Photo of Randy Diddel

Randy Diddel

  • 43 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
  • excited

Posted 4 years ago

  • 1
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

  • 9148 Posts
  • 3466 Reply Likes
Official Response
Randy - sometimes after an upgrade, you need to "cold boot" the radio (see the release notes on this) to fully reset all of the processors in the radio.  Let us know if it comes back