Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6300 won't connect to PC

dan
dan Member ✭✭
edited January 2017 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Greetings.The 6300 out of the box will not connect to my Windows 7 Alien ware PC (my Flex-3000 works perfectly on this PC with fire-wire)  I tried with the PC connected to the switch on the wireless router and with the PC connected directly to the 6300. No dice. For grins I loaded the software on a laptop with wireless and the software detected the radio. It also detected the radio when connected directly to the PC. Why would my PC not see the 6300 and why won't the software detect the FLEX?  I see other devices in Windows connected via the switch like roku, the router, and other PCs on the network.

Answers

• dan
    dan Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Duh. Turned off Windows Firewall. Wham. Connected. To Be Continued. 
  • Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    You should be able to allow it through instead of leaving your computer without a firewall.

Anyhow, enjoy! This is one fun radio.
  • dan
    dan Member ✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Thanks Michael. It's the ESET security firewall. It's mentioned in the release notes
    for Windows SmartSDR. 1.3.8  Cheers.
    Dan

• dan
    dan Member ✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Here is how to make an exception for the SmartSDR application in your ESET Smart Security 6 firewall.   http://support.eset.com/kb2623/?locale=en_US

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.