Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6300 V1.3.8 Crash

Options
K7FRY
K7FRY Member
edited April 2017 in SmartSDR API
Below are the steps I use to cause SmartSDR to Crash, Video also included

2 RX Slices Open on One Panadapter
Open 2nd Panadapter
Click on Second Panadpter to Open a RX Slice
Software crashes

I have to restart 6300, long press on power button and restart SmartSDR
I can reproduce any time.

Occasionally, power button will flash purple after restart of radio.

Win 7 SP1
i3 w/ 8GB

Steve 
K7FRY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImC_BGZpScU

Comments

• K7FRY
    K7FRY Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Downgrade back 1.3.0, same issue.

Seems any time I have 2 RX slices open on one panadapter and I open up a second panadapter, as soon and I click on the 2 panadapter to open a RX slice SmartSDR crashes.

Not sure how I did not notice this before. I have to assume this is a new problem for me.
  • GI4FZD
    GI4FZD Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Does the 6300 display more than 2 slices? Is each panadaper counted as a slice?
    I can't check, I sold my 6300.
    Cheers
    Paul
  • np2g
    np2g Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    OK  the 6300 only has 2   If you have already used 2  there is no more .
    I would crash also using my 6500   if I used my 4 and tried to add 5  .
    I think if I had a 6700  and was using 8  and tried for 9  it would also crash .

• Steve N4LQ
    Steve N4LQ Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I just tried this on my 6300. You can't open 3 slices. Nothing happens. 
    Does SSDR think you have a 6500 instead? 
    Also I run Win 8.1. I've noticed that most problems are with Win 7. Wonder why?
    Steve N4LQ
  • np2g
    np2g Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    The flex software. Runs. All. All the 6000 series. Possible whoops. But we have control. Windows. Bah humbug. "Huston there is a problem. "
  • DK1EY
    DK1EY Member ✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Same effect here:

6300. Running 2 panadapters. 2 slices in one of both panadaptors.
    Doubleclick into "empty" panadapter causes SSDR to crash.

This is not a problem of opening a 3rd slice (which is not possible) but of trying to change one slice from the one panadapter into the other "empty" one by doubleclick and not by closing in panadapter 1 and opening in panadapter 2.

VY73
    Tom
    DK1EY
  • Steve N4LQ
    Steve N4LQ Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Got it...Yes double clicking panadapter 2 does cause a crash and a forced shutdown. 
    Bad. Very bad. 
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Options
    @DK1EY and @Steve N4LQ - I have added this crach behavior to our bug tracker as a major issue for additional investigation

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.