6300, turn off or leave on?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Is it better to leave the 6300 on for several hours or turn it off when it is not being used?
Photo of Roger Miller

Roger Miller

• 15 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Steve K9ZW

Steve K9ZW, Elmer

• 1565 Posts
  • 771 Reply Likes
Official Response
I’ve left my 6700s in my shacks and the 6300 I had on for weeks. Longest was around four months left on before I wanted to reconfigure something and powered the radios down.

If you’re energy focused it is the power supply that would need to be off to save all the energy.

As for worrying about the 6300 the design incorporated the “radio server ideal” where the unit could be left on for massively extended periods of time.

The radio should be happy either way actually.

Catch you on the air, 73

Steve
K9ZW
Photo of Roger Miller

Roger Miller

• 15 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks. I'm not concerned with energy, I just didn't know if it would be ok to leave it on for long periods.
Photo of KY6LA - Howard

KY6LA - Howard, Elmer

• 3784 Posts
  • 1637 Reply Likes
My 6700 has been on 24/7/365 for years. I. Am 100% solar so poweris not an issue.

Radio is used 80% Remote. Reboots occasionally for some few of many firmware updates.
Photo of Roger Miller

Roger Miller

• 15 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks. That is what I will do.
Photo of Dave -- W7IWW

Dave -- W7IWW

• 68 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
My 6700 has been running continuously x4 years except for rare short periods. I asked Dudley the same question several years ago about continued running Flex 5000a and he said, “no problem.” He had been running his 5000a maybe x5 years essentially continuously, as I recall. Have FUN.
(Edited)
Photo of Roger Miller

Roger Miller

• 15 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks Dave.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.