Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6300 PA fault. How to set BIAS on new transistors?

Jose EB5AGV
Jose EB5AGV Member
edited February 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Hi all,

I am working on a faulty 6300. It has a damaged power amplifier. One RD100HHF1 is shorted. Replacing it is not a big deal but, how should I setup the BIAS?. I guess it is similar to other rigs I have worked on, which use a Service Menu adjustment to do it, one for each PA final, but have no idea regarding how to do it on a 6300.

Thanks for your help!

73 Jose EB5AGV

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited November 2017
    This is not an operation that can be done in the field by a user.  Calibrating a FLEX-6000 requires specialized firmware and a test stand that is only available at our authorized service centers.  Since you are in Spain, please contact our Service Center in Germany.

Norbert Wrede
    EU Service Center
    Habyer Str. 22
    24361 Gross Wittensee
    Germany

norbert@flexradio.com

• Jose EB5AGV
    Jose EB5AGV Member
    edited February 2018
    Hello Tim,

Thanks for your answer.

Respectfully, I am not an end-user, but an engineer and a professional repairer of, I thought until today, any brand of amateur radio equipment. I have worked on close to 3000 units so far and this is the first time I am unable to find the necessary information to perform this kind of task.

All major manufacturers provide a Technical Supplement or a Service Manual to work on this kind of things. Of course, not everyone should be able to do this work. But for a pro, it should be possible. IMHO.

I am deeply frustrated with this notice. And, for sure, my customer will be also.

73 Jose EB5AGV
    http://agvradio.com
    http://jvgavila.com

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Tim is not questioning your ability. You must have the specialized firmware and service stand in order to do it. With out those, you can't do it.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.