Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6300 on the Big Screen TV

Philip KA4KOE
Philip KA4KOE Member ✭✭
edited January 2017 in Maestro
I managed to get house extended 5 GHz WIFI network up and running using a Netgear EX6200. I loaded DogParkSDR onto my Apple MacBook Pro. From there, I hooked the laptop to my Samsung 55" flat screen via an AppleTV box. Surprisingly, the internal microphone on the MacBook does surprisingly well.

I had a QSO with Carl, WB2PVY, up in Long Island (I said the Bronx) , 40 meters, 7.188 MHz. See the video Youtube link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSP129M_Iw

I had a prior 2 hour conversation on AM with WA4IRE on 7290, so this explains my hoarseness.

Feeleep
KA4KOE

Comments

• Rob N4GA
    Rob N4GA Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Yep. Good stuff.

I run almost exclusively from my MBA using DPSDR. I sometimes (rarely) use the built in MIC, but when I do, nobody complains about it.

I typically use the white Apple earbuds that come with every iPhone and I have them EQ'd in DPSDR (very slight adjustments) and I get excellent audio reports with that, unsolicited.

People will just say "wow your audio is good" and they are always super surprised that I'm using those earbuds! Give it a try.

Rob http://www.qrz.com/db/N4GA
  • Philip KA4KOE
    Philip KA4KOE Member ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    I just like the idea of watching ham radio on my flat screen. This is exceptionally cool.
  • Rob N4GA
    Rob N4GA Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    You'll get over it.

:)

• Philip KA4KOE
    Philip KA4KOE Member ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    You're correct, unfortunately. When you boil it all down we're all playing with expensive toys.....not as bad, however, as those folks who fly planes or purchase fishing boats.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.