Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6300 No RF Out on Transmit

Eric Herson
Eric Herson Member
edited March 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Help!

Seeking Advice:  My 6300 was working flawlessly.  I switched the radio on last evening and can't get the unit to transmit.  I've rebooted my PC numerous times,  removed and reinstalled SmartSDR, checked all the settings I can think of....and, still no RF out.  I've tried CW, Tune, Digital models, switched off DDUtil, checking my antennas, etc.   I've also disconnected the 6300 from 12VDC, waited an hour, and then went thru a couple of hard resets.   Does anyone have any suggestions? 

Thanks!

Eric / WF8E

Comments

• WA2SQQ
    WA2SQQ Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Make sure the RF output slider did not accidentally get moved to 0.
  • Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Back up any profiles that you have. Next power off the radio. Remove DC. Now Press and HOLD the power button until the LED on the front panel blinks white. Release the power button. You've just done a factory reset. I'll bet everything works fine now. Mack W4AX Alpha Tester
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited July 2015
    How can the LED blink white if the DC is removed?
  • Eric Herson
    Eric Herson Member
    edited July 2015
    Mack, I did exactly what you have suggested and sadly that didn't resolve the issue.  (also made sure RF slider was not at zero..) 

What should I try next?

tnx!

e
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Check your transmit interlocks. Mack is right about a reset, but the process was described incorrectly. Power should be connected during the reset. You may want to combine doing a reset with disconnecting power for a few minutes, too.
  • Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I forgot to mention to reconnect the DC before pressing and holding the power button. If you did that and it's still not working then I'd open a support ticket.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    If you are not getting the right voltage or amperage the Flex protects itself. I recently created a new shorter power cable for the Flex 6300 and it was giving me start up problems until I realised it had a cold solder in one of the powerpoles. I created a new cable and everything is fine. Not sure if that will have anything to do with your issue but might help you.
    Good luck.
  • Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    I had the exact same issues that you describe and took the same action including  isolating the power and doing a factory reset.  It didn't work for me either.  My rig is on the way to Austin.
  • Eric Herson
    Eric Herson Member
    edited July 2015
    Thanks everyone!  I've followed the factory reset procedure to the letter and no improvement.   Also checked my Power Supply and connections.  Sounds like a need to open up a help ticket....
  • Eric Herson
    Eric Herson Member
    edited July 2015
    Bummer!   Sorry to hear about your troubles as well.
  • Steve N4LQ
    Steve N4LQ Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    It will be interesting to know how this comes out and what the cause was. Keep us posted.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    It might be silly but have you made sure you don't have TX Inhibit ENABLED by mistake.
    It should be disabled.

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    However, if you did a Factory Reset it should go back to Disable which I believe is the default state.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    This issue is being resolved via a HelpDesk ticket.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.