Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6300 Network Connection

Ken Davis
Ken Davis Member ✭✭
edited February 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
My 6300 is starting OK with green power LED flashing during POST but does not show up in Smart SDR when it is opened. Network is working fine with wire and wireless devices. I have deleted SmartSDR and reloaded both 1.11.12 and 1.10.16 with same results.  I have reset cable modem, router, radio, and PC twice. I have a Netgear R6200 router and the network map shows the radio is connecting to router.  On the back of the radio at the RJ45 connector the amber LED on the right is lit steady and the amber & green LED on the left are flashing intermittently.  I connected the radio directly to the PC and no change.  I swapped the RJ45's of the radio and PC at the router; no joy.  Finally, I have reset the radio twice to no avail.

Last night all was working fine. To my knowledge there has been no power interruptions or surges.

Any suggestions and help will be greatly appreciated? 

Comments

• Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Ken

If you know the IP address of the radio, then try to use the ping command to see if you can ping the radio.  If successful, that will show the radio is on the network.

On your computer, make sure that your network adapter is not set to Public and you might also want to make sure you Firewall is off on your computer.  

I just went through this with a customer today and he was not able to see the radio until we changed his adapter from Public to Private on the PC.  

If your firewall got turned on, then you will have issues seeing the radio as well.

Mike va3mw

• Ken Davis
    Ken Davis Member ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Mike,
    Thanks a bunch for the feedback.  I did the ping and it pinged back.  I couldn't find the Public and Private settings on my network adapter but did find it inside my Avast control panel. It was set to Public and the second I flipped the switch to Private, bingo!
    Now I need to figure out how it got set to Public.  
    All is well again at 6300 Flexville Avenue! 
    Thanks again for the input
    Ken
    W0KRD
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Hi Ken

Microsoft's Public vs Private is confusing to a lot of people.  That is a good question on how did it get changed.  

For 99% of us, Public is NOT what we want it to be.

Mike va3mw

• Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I just checked my favourite laptop.  It's adapter is now set to public and not private.  That wasn't done by me.  Weird.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.