Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6300 low TX output after SDR upgrade to 2.5.1

Pat Eastman
Pat Eastman Member ✭✭
SDR upgrade resulted in low TX output power. "Tune" power gradual increase to 100% via AM into dummy load results 100W output. Doing the same using MOX as the test mode results in 25W at 100%. Thinking that factory reset may be in order?  Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    MOX will only give you 25 watts carrier on AM this is normal.
    Tune will give you 100 watts because it uses a tone (peak).
    Not sure what you mean by gradual?
  • Pat Eastman
    Pat Eastman Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Gradually increased TX power. Ok, so I should try FM to meter TX power output?
  • N8AUM
    N8AUM Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Why dont you want to use the "TUNE" ?
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    AM mode, when transmitting only gives a carrier of 25%, or 25 Watts nominally, when transmitting. The audio sidebands use the rest of the power. To test normal roping power output, use TUNE, or CW, FM. At 100%..
  • Pat Eastman
    Pat Eastman Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Ok, since I thought I knew what I was doing allowing me to tell the story and now that has been disproven, the output to my Ameritron 1306 is the other issue that I came up with when upgrading to 2.5.1. With the older version of SDR, it only took 40w output from the 6300 to get 1000w out of the 1306. With 2.5.1 when driven with 100% "tune" power I only get 600w from the 1306. Possibly there is something in the 2.5.1 that is affecting my amplifier/radio relationship??  Thanks again for the helpl.
  • K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Pat:

My 6600 and 6500 work well with 2.5.1..  Look at the the below suggestions, you may find some clues.

I just looked at my"TX Band settings", the HWALC boxes are checked.  You might try unchecking those boxes (try one band) to see if version 2.5.1 acts like 2.4.9 on that band.  With the slider set at 100 watts what does the Flex watt meter indicate (100 watts or 40 watts)?  That may tell you something.  

Gayle K0FLY

• Pat Eastman
    Pat Eastman Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Ok, here is the short end to this and it comes in the form of, lesson learned.

Don't ever do an upgrade and test late at night after a long day doing yard work!!  So the simple conclusion is, user error aided by assumptions.

All is well and working perfectly.  Thank you very much for trying to help.

Pat

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.